No announcement yet.

New Boss GT-10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After years of tweaking my GT-8, I'm still not happy. Which is why I won't be buying any more recording gear til at least end-Feb.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Dumpy said...."The only reason I want to upgrade to the GT8 is because it has a tubescreamer model which I could use to boost my 5150"

Funny....thats exactly what I use my XTLive for.....I have (Simulated) tube screamer in front of the 5150 sim and that goes into my EL34 120 watt power amp and out of my G-Flex...

My main guitars have EMG 81/85s...Ass chrushing tone. I'm sure the real thing would be even better....Just not as flexible.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
        Anyone able to attest to how different the Tubescreamer and Natural OD models in the GT8 sound when used to boost the drive channel on your amp?
        I used to use intensively the TS in my GT8 with my DSL50 preamp looped in it. But since I replaced all the tubes in my Marshall, I had to reworked all my patches.

I did some test with the Natural vs Tube screamer ODs. I'd say, to my ears, the TS puts more gain (for the same setting) and adds a bit more high end sizzles/fizz. I prefer it to the Natural OD, that is more like a clean boost.

Hope it helps.

BTW, in the GT8 there is a zillion OD sims... Ever tired a Metalzone or a high disto as a boost? Can be cool depending on what you are looking for!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I had a GT-6 and gave up on it because it sounded like CRAP with my TSL100. I purchased a G-Major which sounded much better, I didn't get that tone sucking effect. I've since moved to the JSX...maybe I need to give my GT-6 another try since it's going to be worth nothing really soon.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

the thing about the multi-fx pedals is that people have a tendency to use "all the features" just because they are there. I say, if you need only a delay pedal, then just use a delay pedal. Also, dont increase the treble of your preamp and then add an eq pedal to reduce it. Use as few features as possible and you will like the unit as a whole.
            Sam

Comment

Apparently, the software is now ready. Just gotta FIND a GT-10 now...
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ive been hearing in stock at GC/Sam Ash...August 08

Comment

April 20 at sweetwater...

04-15 at musiciansfriend. Although GC owns MF. so, not sure why the difference. or even if its true what they say.
                  Sam

Comment

I'm still waiting for the local G/C to get some in stock.
                    I also have been reading the posts and reviews on GT Central.

Some GT users use a device with their GT's called a "Harmonic Converger"
                    Read about it here. http://harmonicconverger.com/HC_FAQs.html
                    It's said to kill the Fizz associated with effects units.

I downloaded and printed the manual on the GT-10 and I have been getting familiar with all the settings.
                    It's way different from my GT-5.

edit: I just found this recent post on the HC. my bad http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...onic+Converger
                    Last edited by finnman; 04-14-2008, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finnman View Post
                      edit: I just found this recent post on the HC. my bad http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...onic+Converger
                      yeah, I'm yet to lay my hands on that device. but ever since I coupled my gt-8 with the TS100, I dont think I need that device anymore. But at the time when I was using the crate powerblock, I would have needed it.
                      Sam

Comment

Sweetwater has already sold out their initial shipment.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                          Dammit. I'm now two GT models behind. Oh well.
                          I guess I am really behind then, still using the older COSM models in the Roland VS880 EX 8 track recorder, hahaha

Comment

I just got an email from GC...preferred customer 10% discount...GT-10 is
                            $499.00...so that means $449.00! Schweeet! If they had any in STOCK??? Thanks for nuthin..>GC

Comment

I've had my GT-10 for a week now.
                              I am very happy with this unit so far.
                              GT-10 to 2 Roland KC100 amps for stereo.
                              I keep finding and making new patch's that sound great.
                              I upgraded from a GT-5.
                              I made one patch that makes my guitar sound like a Bass, record it to the looper,
                              change the patch and jam over the looping Bass line.
                              What fun.
                              It's pretty easy to change settings.
                              Way better than the GT-5.

Comment

What is the deal with these? Some places have them, while others have them on Preorder.

EDIT: I'm totally on the fence. On one hand, I could get the GT-10 with the nice display and USB, along with the new functions On the other hand for probably about $300, I could get a GT8 and have them probably through in a Midi/USB Cable. I don't know if $200 more is worth it for a bigger display and a couple new effects.
                                Last edited by CharvelRocker; 04-25-2008, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X