New Boss GT-10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
    What is the deal with these? Some places have them, while others have them on Preorder.

EDIT: I'm totally on the fence. On one hand, I could get the GT-10 with the nice display and USB, along with the new functions On the other hand for probably about $300, I could get a GT8 and have them probably through in a Midi/USB Cable. I don't know if $200 more is worth it for a bigger display and a couple new effects.
    ** 30 day return policy at the GC, and Sam Ash...that way, if it
    does NOT impress...return it.

Comment

you guys using 4 cable method (and an amp) with these or using the amp sims to a power amp?

Comment

I use L or R mono out only, being as I don't have an amp. I've got a Roland VS1880 D.A.W with a pair of Genelec 8020A monitors instead. No space for an amp.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

So, you guys made any nice patches yet?

I've made a few, but end up tweaking them untill i learn something else new, and completely start from scratch again

I'm just trying to first dial in my main metal sound, and complimentry lead tone. Somewhere around ..And Justice crunch, with a medium smooth/warm full lead tone, with a little bit of bite, and sharp attack.
          I like the compresser, eq it, tone modify is great, and adding just a tiny bit of delay and reverb (ambience), but only to thicken the tone, not sound all effected out.

At first i was using a clean preamp, with some of the distortion box sims for the chunk, but now i have discovered the pre amps and theres a few not to bad, i like the Soldano, and the Rectifier, and the key to really bringing them out, is to create your own custom cabs, you can really change things around, and completly alter the sound and tone of them, pretty cool.
          i'm finding i don't even really need any extra distortion at all, i put a tiny bit of the mid boost distortion box, and that's it, even then it has a bit too much sizzle on the high strings, i may dial off the top from the distortion a bit.

Like to create and Akira Takasaki crunch, maybe a ronni le tekro sounding lead tone for kicks later on.

Like to know what you guys have come up with.

Anyway, back to tweaking

Comment

So have any of you guys tried recording to a PC with the USB cable or what? How does it sound? etc..
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              So have any of you guys tried recording to a PC with the USB cable or what? How does it sound? etc..
              http://media.putfile.com/Aint-Talkin-Bout-Love-Updated

Using the Erupting Patch. Clean is the JC-Chorus Patch.

I've had my GT-10 since last Tuesday and its a really awesome unit
              Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
              Fender Stratocaster (2006)
              Jackson PC-1 (2012)
              Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
              Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
              Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

coo man, what's the backing track from?

Comment

Nice!

I got a GT10 today. I'll post some samples when I get around to it.

Comment

We want clips!!!
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Oh man. I'm running this thing with a JVM as a power amp and it sounds GODLY!

I've found my tone.

Output- JC return, JVM into 1960 4X12 (16 ohms).
                      Played Holy Wars, Wake up Dead and Rattlehead through the "Megadreads" patch and nearly shit myself with glee.

Comment

Working...
                      X