New amp....... sorta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp....... sorta

I just picked up my Laney Pro Tube 50 Master Volume and Marshall cabinet that was in storage for about 10 years. I bought the head brand new in the early 90's. I plugged it in last night and it sounds pretty good - think Marshall JCM800 with more gain. It's a single channel amp, but it still sounds good. The Marshall cabinet is an 80's slant cabinet with 4 greenbacks in it. The tolex is all gone (I stripped it when I got it used and painted it black). I also redid the front grill - all I need is a logo now...

I may have the amp checked out - I have tubes that I can stick in for now, but I want to make sure I don't need caps.

I'll try to get some pictures online, but other than dust, tape residue and a few nicks, this amp is in excellent condition.

cool!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Great amp Pete. BTW... I am LOVING the JCM900.

Comment

Yeah those amps rock... Might have to find one just to refresh my memory...

Comment

Working...
        X