Mesa Boogie's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
    the single rectoverb combo is my favorite boogie.

but i prefer my DSL100.
    +1 for the DSL100.

If I were to add a Boogie to the herd, I'd go for a classic older one. I had a .22+ and it was a kick ass little combo. With the EQ in the V position, instant Metallica.

But I can do the same with the DSL100 by hitting the mid cut / bass boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Skully View Post
      I'm planning a road trip to Detroit this weekend and test drive the Mesa, it's a 2 hour drive so I'll be damned if I don't come home with one!
      I know what that feels like. The closest Mesa dealer to me is 250 miles away. I ended buying my Mesa in Colorado Springs on my way back to Texas from Denver, CO.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I have a Mesa Mark IVa, and before that I had a Dual Recto 3 channel both great amps but the Mark sound is what I am after. as far as speakers go, I prefer the Electro Voice EVM-12 over the Celestion vintage 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
          I know what that feels like. The closest Mesa dealer to me is 250 miles away. I ended buying my Mesa in Colorado Springs on my way back to Texas from Denver, CO.
          I just talked with a guy in GR which is only 45 minutes instead of the 2 hours to Detroit, he's a Mesa Boogie dealer and in his words "I'm a wealth of info on all things Boogie" so I'll be heading up there saturday. He also mentioned the "Stilleto Duece" which sound interesting, and it's 50/100 watt switchable.
          Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
          Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
          Fender Telecaster Standard MM
          Jackson Dinky DKMGT
          Jackson Stealth EX
          Charvel 375
          Ibanez Daytripper
          OLP Musicman
          Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
          Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

I initially bought a Stilleto Trident in Denver when the first version was being phased out and it was selling for $849 during closeout. I bought it without even hearing it and ended up getting a refund before the amp arrived from another store. I hear that the new version is supposed to be better.
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

i have a roadster right now and i like it better than the single, dual, and triple rect that i owned.

Comment

This just might have sealed the deal!
                Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                Jackson Stealth EX
                Charvel 375
                Ibanez Daytripper
                OLP Musicman
                Carvin C250

Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by krimson View Post
                  I initially bought a Stilleto Trident in Denver when the first version was being phased out and it was selling for $849 during closeout. I bought it without even hearing it and ended up getting a refund before the amp arrived from another store. I hear that the new version is supposed to be better.
                  I got one too, but I love mine! It's everything my MkIII wasn't - which is exactly what I was looking for. It had the ice-picky highs and flubby Fluid drive like everyone else. But a BBE or EQ in the loop fixed it all.
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by xDEATHSTARx View Post
                    i have a roadster right now and i like it better than the single, dual, and triple rect that i owned.
                    I'm starting to think that this may be the amp I want, so f'n expensive though.
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I have a Stiletto Ace 1x12 combo. I really like it a lot and with a variety of different guitars. There have been some claims that Stilettos don't sound good with anything but a maple-and-mahogany body but that's not my experience. It's a great amp with a definite British- or Marshall-type flavor to it.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by xDEATHSTARx View Post
                        +1

Former Single and then a Dual rect owner. I recently parted with my Dual Rect to get my Road King II (its a roadster with more options basically). And the clean channels on these amps put shame on the other rectifiers. Hot channels are less fizzy than the single and dual rects.

I did like my single a lot, but itt had a brief latency between switching channels. so you'd get this split second of no sound when changing channels. Couldn't use it live like that. I hear many of them had that problem.

Comment

Boogie

Why have a Rectofier when you have this "Coliseum 300" 1988. Notice the 4 switches,not 3.
                          Def get a Boogie,even if its the single Recto (50 Watts right?) "Tone Bottles"

Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                            I'm starting to think that this may be the amp I want, so f'n expensive though.
                            That's one thing I noticed while shopping, they told me that Mesa's prices are fixed, I'm quickley finding out now after having it home for a few days and playing through the other various ones in the store.... there worth it! I could have easly went home with the RoadKing.... but a man's gotta to know his limitations and realized for my skill level it was way to much amp, but NICE!
                            Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                            Jackson Stealth EX
                            Charvel 375
                            Ibanez Daytripper
                            OLP Musicman
                            Carvin C250

Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

I took a Roadking home once, for a month. Then returned. Sounded good to great by itself, I just failed to make it to sit in a mix. Even drums and bass would take away its space, never mind the second guitar. And if the second guitar happened to be playing through say Soldano or Marshall.... that was the end of it for me

Comment

I'll just add one more little thing to this thread, which is great, BTW.

Little, and I mean tiny/micro-adjustments (and reading the owners manual over and over and over...) make all the difference with any boogie I've ever owned.
                                Not bragging, but the Mark series amps (including the much drooled over IIC+) that I've owned and played live with, required regular tweaking of various knobs to give me whatever tone I wanted, in whatever room I was playing in.

My '69 Plexi Marshall was very nice (now... I'm bragging) but that tone, that vibe, that response, was always possible (as well as others), if I was patient and careful.

Boogies are over-priced, but very musical.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

LOL
                                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                                X