Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldano 2x12 Speaker Cabinet - Thumbs Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano 2x12 Speaker Cabinet - Thumbs Up?

I need a good quality 2x12 for use with either the 5150 III and/or the OD100se.

Here's the product link.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Soldano-...19-i1146154.gc

Any opinions good or bad or any other recommendations?

Thanks

Alex

buy an orange

Comment

That looks very nice, and I expect you would be very happy with it.

OTOH, I would be interested to know the advantages of getting a high-dollar cab like that as compared to, e.g., an Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
        I would be interested to know the advantages of getting a high-dollar cab like that as compared to, e.g., an Avatar.
        From my experience, spending a few extra dollars on a good cab makes a big difference. Although I don't know how much better a Soldano 2x12 would be compared to a Mesa 2x12. I have a Bogner 2x12 and I can't say it's any better than my Mesa.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
          buy an orange
          very good choice, or a genz benz
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

As one of my buds always says: "Anything by Soldano kicks!" While I don't follow the line that blindly, most of their stuff is top notch including their cabs. I have a used 2X12 with V30s and it does kick.

The price on that one seems a bit on the high side though. You likely can get a better deal elsewhere. Here's one on ebay that's snakeskin, so it obviously sound better!
            http://cgi.ebay.com/Snakeskin-Soldan...QQcmdZViewItem
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I believe LynchFan6 has one. I think he is still on the forum. He uses it with a SLO-100. You might send a PM to him.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Genz Benz g-flex 2x12, sounds better than that conventional build cab, and it less expensive new, even.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                X