Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldano 2x12 Speaker Cabinet - Thumbs Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano 2x12 Speaker Cabinet - Thumbs Up?

I need a good quality 2x12 for use with either the 5150 III and/or the OD100se.

Here's the product link.

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

Any opinions good or bad or any other recommendations?

Thanks

Alex

buy an orange

Comment

That looks very nice, and I expect you would be very happy with it.

OTOH, I would be interested to know the advantages of getting a high-dollar cab like that as compared to, e.g., an Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
        I would be interested to know the advantages of getting a high-dollar cab like that as compared to, e.g., an Avatar.
        From my experience, spending a few extra dollars on a good cab makes a big difference. Although I don't know how much better a Soldano 2x12 would be compared to a Mesa 2x12. I have a Bogner 2x12 and I can't say it's any better than my Mesa.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
          buy an orange
          very good choice, or a genz benz
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

As one of my buds always says: "Anything by Soldano kicks!" While I don't follow the line that blindly, most of their stuff is top notch including their cabs. I have a used 2X12 with V30s and it does kick.

The price on that one seems a bit on the high side though. You likely can get a better deal elsewhere. Here's one on ebay that's snakeskin, so it obviously sound better!
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I believe LynchFan6 has one. I think he is still on the forum. He uses it with a SLO-100. You might send a PM to him.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Genz Benz g-flex 2x12, sounds better than that conventional build cab, and it less expensive new, even.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                X