Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think someone will ever just make a processor that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think someone will ever just make a processor that...

Has #1 Satriani #2 EVH... #3 Jake...#4.. Lynch... etc..?

Where its just plug in and play? Maybe an EQ on each to tweak somewhat?

Sure you can get there, but its a ton of work, and time imo. If most agreed
    at the factory..."Yep, that's early VH tone"... then model it, and move onto
    the next signature sound, and imo if you had a dozen of the worlds best...
    4 pedals, with 3 banks... and sold it (maybe TC.Electronics quality?) for
    $699.00 How great would that be? :-)
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 02-01-2008, 04:08 PM.

yes
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

How's about a Vetta II? I played one at the GC and never made it all the way through all the vast artist patches. It's an amp and not a processor, I know, but there's my 10c.

Comment

I think it's pretty possible at the moment.Just needs some work at the factory.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I believe the Digitech modellers have something similiar with a bunch of optional "Artist Patches". Probably a licensing nightmare though?

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
            I believe the Digitech modellers have something similiar with a bunch of optional "Artist Patches". Probably a licensing nightmare though?
            Yep, my friend had a RP10, and I had both an RP-20 and 2120, and they all had popular guitarist patches, just not endorsed by em. So they couldn't say Van Halen in the name, but IIRC said EVH '78. Almost all had to tweaked to sound good. BTW, all these were made before the term "modeller" became popular.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
              Yep, my friend had a RP10, and I had both an RP-20 and 2120, and they all had popular guitarist patches, just not endorsed by em. So they couldn't say Van Halen in the name, but IIRC said EVH '78. Almost all had to tweaked to sound good. BTW, all these were made before the term "modeller" became popular.

Did these sound good to you? I remember reading about them...
              back in the day. Did you get to play thru the 2120?

Comment

The Fractal Audio Axe Fx is a very cool piece of gear that can do much of that stuff. Its effects are top quality like the good TC Electronic and Eventide stuff but then again so is the price. I've played a few patches going from the Axe Fx Ultra to a Mesa 2:90 power amp then the cabs and it kicks much butt! I just wish I knew what I was doing programming wise with it. It is so far advanced over anything else out there right now that it has virtually no competition that comes remotely close!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post

Did these sound good to you? I remember reading about them...
                  back in the day. Did you get to play thru the 2120?
                  The Digitech RP20 and 2120 sounded pretty darn good thru a tube poweramp, like my Mesa 50/50. They had a ton of effects too, which worked pretty well and was stereo, but I tend to run things pretty dry, so most of these effects were never used.

I decided to simplify a bit and try a Rocktron Voodu which had enough effects for me, so I got that and sold the 2120. People still use em though. And the earlier model 2112 can easily be changed to 2120 specs by changing out a chip for like $20. One weird thing about the 2112/2120 was that they can only be controlled by the Control One foot controller, which looks like a midi, and uses a 5-pin Midi input, but it ain't a midi at all.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I'm guessing they might be the same/similar setup as the Johnson amps and their footcontrollers. I have a J-Station, which has the option of either MIDI or the J8 footcontroller, and all you do is throw a switch, to choose one or the other. The J8 uses a MIDI cable, but also carries the power to the controller, as well, so it's essentially a modified MIDI pinout. I think standard MIDI only uses, like, 3 of the conductors in a standard 5-pin MIDI cable, whereas the Johnson/Digitech units utilize all 5.
                    I'm guessing that the Control One could also be used to control my J-Station. I currently use a Control X to run it, and it is basically the exact same thing as the Johnson J8. Just a little different wording for the buttons, and whatnot.
                    Last edited by Racerx2k; 02-02-2008, 08:41 AM.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Digitech and Johnson are part of the same company, so it makes sense if some of their stuff's interchangeable.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Just didn't feel the need to go into that.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                        X