Any PVC Fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any PVC Fans here?

I have been trying to make use of every inch of space at my house. After buying a guitar Rack and getting rid of the individual stands I come up with this Idea. VERY Strong. What do you think?

Last edited by phill_up; 02-02-2008, 10:47 PM.

I love that Peavey. So much, that I already have one!
    And, is that a Fender on top? Huh. I have a similar setup.

Yeah, the PVC rocks. Very solid, and easy to fabricate.

Comment

That double amp stand rocks!

Comment

Looks good! I love inventive ideas like this!

Comment

that is pretty cool.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

I have had that peavy for almost 20 years now, really powerful like 200+ watts. The fender on top is a hot rodded hot rod. The speaker has been replaced with a celestion lead 80 and Eurotubes fixed me up with a bad A$$ "JJ" retube kit that converted the 6L6's to 6V6's for faster breakup and some special selection of preamp tubes he has come up with. The Bias pot is cranked as far up as it will go. This way I can get maximum distortion at lower levels. I still cant believe this little shit is as loud as it is. I still cant crank it all the way up without pissing the neighbors off.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
              I have had that peavy for almost 20 years now, really powerful like 200+ watts. The fender on top is a hot rodded hot rod. The speaker has been replaced with a celestion lead 80 and Eurotubes fixed me up with a bad A$$ "JJ" retube kit that converted the 6L6's to 6V6's for faster breakup and some special selection of preamp tubes he has come up with. The Bias pot is cranked as far up as it will go. This way I can get maximum distortion at lower levels. I still cant believe this little shit is as loud as it is. I still cant crank it all the way up without pissing the neighbors off.
              Actually, mine is this: (Kind of complicated)
              Basic: Peavey Chorus with EQ/OD/Delay/EQ in high input.

Advanced: EQ/Overdirive/Delay/EQ into the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Feed line out to Peavey Combo. Wet line signal to Kustom 2x12 Combo amp. Dry full (with Fender reverb) goes to a 2x12 Fender cab. Massive gain comes from the Peavey. It's one SS amp that has a great simulated tube distortion.
              And the natural drive of the Deluxe Reverb doesn't need to be described. It's purebred, think "Sweet Emotion" Aerosmith.

Comment

Love it ,,very innovative bro

MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Well done...very cool!

Comment

I luuuuuurve PVC, but only unwrapping a naughty little minx wearing some, with my teeth. Pure filth.

So is that electrical conduit you have used?
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

3/4" Polyvinyl chloride schedule 40

Comment

Ya know, some of the greatest inventions and innovations come from the most simplistic means. And to that Sir, you have a hands-down winner. In otherwords, FARKIN AWESOME!!! Kudos. What's that I hear? Could it be an onslaught of PM's in your future?
                        In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I like the bottom tilt, but I don't know if I'd trust an amp, sitting on top, like that. Man, those pics make me nervous.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

If you look at the 2nd pic you can see how it all ties in. even if one fitting slipped another would catch it, very, very rigid. It was cleaned with pvc cleaner and then purple primer. Then glued with the best glue I could buy. I wouldn't trust an amp on top by itself but with that pig on the bottom it’s far from top heavy. I weigh a little over 200# and it held me up LOL.
                            Remember the old rickety particle board entertainment centers we use to put or TV’s on? This is way stronger than that.

Double Guitar Amp Stand: I haven't made an instructable because I changed things up a bit. Mine has been holding up really well for over to a year now. I welcome anyone that wants to collaborate on this because I never had the time to post an instructable. . So far I have …

Your one stop source for FREE plans. Make a GREENHOUSE, Pastured Poultry Pen, Cold Frame, Quad ATV Golfcart Carport, Banner Holder, and more out of PVC pipe. See pictures of other's projects and find links for hard to find funiture grade PVC fittings.
                            Last edited by phill_up; 02-06-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I made a guitar stand out of PVC pipe about a year ago..
                              I have them facing out just to take a picture.. This cost me under 20.00

Last edited by JetFixxxer; 02-07-2008, 12:04 AM.
                              2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                              2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                              2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                              2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                              2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                              2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                              2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                              2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                              2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                              1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                              1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Working...
                              X