Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Rectifier thread but this one is different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Rectifier thread but this one is different...

Ok. Looking for Rectifier owners or people with experience iwith the Single rectifier solo heads or reverb heads (RECTOVERBS) only. I have had dual rectalfriers in the past and did not care for the duals but the other day I went into a GC and tried a Rectoverb and really liked it. So much that i found one used and took the plunge. I will have it on Friday. Anyone have and good setting to dial in?

This might sound kind of funny but I actually like the tones of the single rectifier heads way better. Much tighter bottom end and after playing with the eq settings I got some really nice tones that ere not like the typical dual rectifier sounds at all.

The Dual rectifiers I have had in the past even set on the silicon diaode setting did not sound like the single head at all. This was going through the rectifier standard 4 x 12 cab. (I own one so that is why I used that cab)

So.Anyone else like the single over the dual?

Bueller? Beuller? Beuuuuuuller?

Comment

I like the single I used to have, I like rectifiers but I only play them with a clean boost in front because I like the feel and the way it sounds better.
      I also like vintage mode the best. I keep the mids at 2 oclock, bass around 11,gain at 1 to 2, pres at noon and treb around 2 oclock. I can't remember my exact settings since I'm not home, I also use a uberkab and mesa cab. Play it loud also, at low vol they sound shitty IMO.

Comment

Cool. I really dug the clean channel too. The Dirty Channel I used with the modern setting and I was all over the pace with the eq. The Clean channel was very easy to dial in some nice tones and when I set it to vintage mode it was great for rock or blues.

Comment

AHHHHHH! Fed Ex dropped off and I am stuck at work for the next 6 - 7 hours.... I just want to go home and try this head out... Ok gotta stay focused.

Comment

Mine's a combo, but I dig it.
            Have had lots of Mesa's and other stuff (Marshall, Sunn, Lab, Peavey, Fender, blah blah blah).
            To me, it's the closest thing to an "all purpose amp" you can get.
            Download the PDF file from Mesa and try their "getting started settings" or whatever they call them.
            Someone got to spend a month coming up with those (and got paid for it), and they will send you down the right path to tonesville.
            Congrats!!!
            Enjoy the anticipation!
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Hope you like it. It's the only Mesa amp I've ever owned, and it was a great amp. I needed more than JUST the Mesa sound though.

Comment

Funny that you say that Chris because I found that this particular head got some Marshall type tones too. The Dual heads were too Mesa for me... I got a marshall at home so it will be fun to a/b.

I will have to take a look at the settings in the manual too. Good idea nhspike!

Comment

I had the version 1 head - I think the 2 is a bit more versatile, and can take EL34's as well. It was versatile enough, but I still wanted something "more". You know - one can never be satisfied...

Comment

Playing a series II rectoverb combo is what started my Mesa Gas.
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
                      Playing a series II rectoverb combo is what started my Mesa Gas.
                      Yeah me too. I wasn't looking for one but I saw one in a store and plugged in. Gas started. Mine is a V2.
                      Last edited by Firebird V; 02-10-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X