Ordered an AMT Cali Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered an AMT Cali Sound

I ordered an AMT California Sound distortion pedal. It'll be here in a few days. Really not sure why other than I wanted to try it and heard mostly great things about it. I also got it at a very good price. Hell, I really don't NEED a boost, od or distortion pedal in front of the V3. The amp has a very effective boost built in and I'm pleased enough w/it's raw roar. I guess it's just a GAS thing? Ya know, if it's all that good then I "NEED" or may need it at some point? I'd love to hear from others who own one and what they think. I'll also offer an opinion once the honeymoon is over. If I like it enough I may add their Tube Platinum or Tube Magnun (not sure of the real differences yet) to the pile. So far the majority seems to like the AMT line for into the amp, direct and recording. Figured I'd give em a go and see wasup.
    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Originally posted by T@rgetDrone View Post
    I ordered an AMT California Sound distortion pedal. It'll be here in a few days. Really not sure why other than I wanted to try it and heard mostly great things about it. I also got it at a very good price. Hell, I really don't NEED a boost, od or distortion pedal in front of the V3. The amp has a very effective boost built in and I'm pleased enough w/it's raw roar. I guess it's just a GAS thing? Ya know, if it's all that good then I "NEED" or may need it at some point? I'd love to hear from others who own one and what they think. I'll also offer an opinion once the honeymoon is over. If I like it enough I may add their Tube Platinum or Tube Magnun (not sure of the real differences yet) to the pile. So far the majority seems to like the AMT line for into the amp, direct and recording. Figured I'd give em a go and see wasup.
    I think you'll be pretty happy with it. I've got one and it's a lot of fun
    to use. Works great direct into the board too. I'd say its almost more
    of a modeler than an old-time boost/dist. pedal. Very quiet operation
    too, again, which makes it great going direct. You'll enjoy running it
    into an amp on the clean channel, esp. on the V3. Probably too much
    gain on it to be useful with an already overdriven amp, but I've used it
    that way too with the master turned down...

For the money, you can't beat it...

Comment

You guys think the AMT is better than the sansamp Tri-AC for direct/modeling?
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Can this pull off 80's metal?

Jeff
        ---------------------------------------------------------
        Kiesel Aries
        Charvel USA Wild Card #3
        EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Bumping to join the party! I just discovered these AMT pedals and I'm curious
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I have the AMT fatal tube. REALLY cool pedal and gave my rig a great and badass hardrock early metal tone.

Though it sounded a bit "digital" due to the automatic cab simulation of the pedal.

I'd say it was the only downside of it.

Comment

Working...
            X