Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amps

What amp for what music? What do you play through and why?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

I play an ADA MP1 through a Carvin T100 power amp for lead and wet clean sounds, and a Mesa Boogie 50 cal. for rhythm and dry clean. I play mostly Progressive stuff now a days, I dont really go for the super gain sound.

Comment

Wow, thats sounds like a great set up.
      "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

Comment

Mainly vintage 67 Fender Deluxe Reverb. I use an old Boss OD-1 overdrive, and have a homemade line out box to a Peavey Chorus. I need a "metal head" to complete the rig. I like classic tone I get with this setup. I have a stereo EQ split to drive the overdrive, and color the tone a bit.
        The tubes in the deluxe are far from stock, it's built to get a brown, old, ZZ Top sound.

Comment

For processed sound I use an ADA micro tube power amp,black faced Intellfex and Rocktron mAXE distortion unit thru a Jackson 4x12 cab.Clean I use a Carvin X100B head and Carvin 4x12 cab and 1 pedal for OD a fulltone OCD.
          For home level use and to practice a Behringer GMX 1200H and 4x12 cab.This amp is great for a more saturated gain and very dark solid state type tone.I has a great tweed seeting too.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow, you guys have some kick ass equipment. I don't really know much about the ADA, I'll have to check them out.

I hate stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
              Wow, you guys have some kick ass equipment. I don't really know much about the ADA, I'll have to check them out.
              Um, don't you have an old Fender that needs some TLC? I'm still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                Um, don't you have an old Fender that needs some TLC? I'm still interested.

Yup, I still do hun. It's a 1959 Fender tweed vibrolux, and it's clean.

I hate stupid people.

Comment

Mesa rectoverb with El34's through a mesa stileto 4x12 with V30's. That produces some of the best thrash/ deathmetal tones I've ever heard(excluding engl's) and is a simple setup(excluding a rack for noise supresor ect) But when I record cleans I use the C90 in the combo.
                  Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

ADA has been out of biz for some time.Cool stuff tho'
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
                      Yup, I still do hun. It's a 1959 Fender tweed vibrolux, and it's clean.
                      Yup. I'm a fan. It would sound great on my 2x12 '67 drip edge cabinet.
                      But, the DR is driving that at the moment. I'll not stop trolling for the vibrolux, though.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                        Mesa rectoverb with El34's through a mesa stileto 4x12 with V30's. That produces some of the best thrash/ deathmetal tones I've ever heard(excluding engl's) and is a simple setup(excluding a rack for noise supresor ect) But when I record cleans I use the C90 in the combo.

That sounds like an awesome set up.

Hmm straycat, I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Cyg, I'm always open to offers sweetie.

I hate stupid people.

Comment

DigiTech GSP1101 into cheapo SS Poweramp (Behringer A500) - sounds good enough for me in any style.

Comment

Crate Blue Voodoo 120. I have a Digitech Digidelay and a Tonedriver for solos.

Comment

Metal.. Mesa Boogie
                              USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                              USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Working...
                              X