Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to play 80's metal with a 1x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's what I'm using. For gigs where there's a tiny stage and for practice: A Carvin MTS3200 tube head (6L6's) with a Mesa 1x12 oversize cabinet 3/4 back which sounds great. If I'm playing larger venues where there's room, I'll bring 2 4x12 Carvin cabinets. I have to say though that that little Mesa cabinet cranks. I'm thinking of getting another one. The 4x12's may become obsolete plus it saves my broken back! My band does the 80's metal thing and I've had a disgusting amount of gear. It's funny in this post that someone mentioned the Crate Stealth. I used to have one of those 50watt 1/2 stacks. Do I ever kick myself in the ass for getting rid of that!!!!! It was even designed by Lee Jackson. I loved the sound I got from that amp. Next head I'm buying though is going to be a Mesa single or dual rec (can't decide) just to mix up my sound(s). I gotta give kudo's to the Carvin head though. I've had it for over 7 years and it's got a ridiculous amount of hours on it and still sounds great. I had a Legacy and wasn't digging it.
    2 BC Rich USA Gunslinger's-lightning bolt graphic
    BC Rich USA Mockingbird-candy apple red metallic
    BC Rich USA STIII-gray snakeskin
    Ibanez RG770DX-lazer blue
    Kramer Sustainer American-black

Comment

Working...
    X