boss flanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss flanger

anyone have the bf3 or bf2? i have an mxr and was offered a boss + some cash.

thoughts?

thanks

I have the Boss BF-3.

I like it, although it took me a while to dial in a sound I liked. I was almost ready to return it for a phaser, but then it clicked with me.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Great pedal..very warm sound. Used them on bass back in the day..needed it for songs like VH's "You're No good"..

Eats 9 volts like crazy..but you get the coolest noises right before they go dead!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Either pedal is cool..I had both. My favorite Flanger pedals is as follows. the original black MXR, original ADA, the maroon Ross..I owned three..and the Boss BF2-3..Ibanez made some nice ones back in the early 80's.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a BF-3. It's definitely a different animal from my MXR and I've not really ever gotten the BF-3 to sound like the MXR. That's not a slight against the BF-3 - it's just a different animal. I think the BF-3 seems to have much more "effect" on the sound than the MXR and it certainly offers a LOT more options via its mode knob.

The thing you really ought to do is try out the BF-3 before making your decision.

Why does the person with the Boss want to make the deal? Is yours an old MXR or one of the re-issues?
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have a BF-3 and like it a lot. It has a pretty rich sound. The sound quality is better than some of the distortion pedals I have bought from by Boss.

Comment

The boss pedal has a wide use of effect and has a nice tone. even the old hi-band flanger is great. the old MIJ ones sound the best but if you don't have them side by side you will never hear the difference. if I needed a flanger pedal the boss units would be my first choice for a used pedal in the $40 range.

Comment

I used to own one plus a DS-1. Great combination, but I upgraded to a GX-700 which suited me better.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

err..trading the MXR for the boss + cash would be like trading your Cadillac for the car that Fred Flintstone drives + cash

I have the MXR and I say it is worth every penny (cost me 3 times as much as the Boss model!)

Comment

I have a BF-2, and I really like it, but I've never found the effect to go that crazy. It's a nice sounding flanger, and it really nails the Bark at the Moon tone I bought it for, but for more than that, I dunno.

I've heard great things about the MXR, though. Why would you want to get rid of it? Dime loved his so much he left it on all the time!

Comment

Working...
                    X