i think the framus might have to go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madryan View Post
    Evidently you're the first person I've ever heard of that could dime the gain on every amp and not sound like complete ass. Congratulations.

People say I'm awesome..I'll take their word for it!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
      ... obviously hrnos666 doesn't
      you're going to love me..welcome my aussie metal fucker!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

a new poem called "Bill is awesome"
        on his screen... cum, cum, cum
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
          I like the amp "Pinks" idea Of course, then the Uber would have to spot every other amp a couple db But seriously, I just gigged out with my Uber last night and we're playing out again tonight. The Uber just absolutely kills live!!! I don't dime the gain simply because I'm in an 80's hard rock cover band so I don't need to but I have done it just for the heck of it before and the Uber does literally have 100% useable gain anywhere you set that knob. Just turn it to where you like it and go!
          Broseppi Rudy, You speak gospel like shit ..we are united in Uberness!!

YES..my Uber KILLS KILLS KILLS anything in its fucking path! I will put my Uberbitch against any fuggin thing. Within seconds your jaws would drop and your dicks will be in your shirt pockets...you will wimper. Sucking your thumbs in a fetal position screamimg "Make it stop..please make it stop!

Bill Z Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            a new poem called "Bill is awesome"
            on his screen... cum, cum, cum

Brother Endrik KNOWS the awesomeness of the Bill Z Bub..we are brothers in all that is righteous!!!!

He has witnessed the JCF king of bass! He has spoken to the devil himself and baptized in the sonic fire of the Uber beast!

Endrik can throwdown ..he walks the talk! Listen to the Endrik..for he is worthy!

Comment

This thread is gonna kill me

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Let me ask you..did you dime the gain of the Uber at ALL times when playing modern "metal"? Did you install 6 matching tung sols 12ax7s in the Bogner at that time?

Until then, I had major complaints about the Bogner. Not anymore. It completely changed the voice and feel of that amp..like night and day.

It owns..no complaints since.
                i never had any problems with the voicing or tone, i tried all chinese and i liked it the best that was, i also like all sovtek lps, i also tried lkots of combos of tung sol, penta labs and jj with the lps and chinese and had lots of good results but my least fav was the jj's in the uber.
                i also tried a bunch of my cabs with it, mesa tradtional, uberkab, bogner 2x12,vht deliverance cab and marshall 1936 and i liked the uberkab and vht cabs the best.

in the end i just wanted a change and grew tired of my ubers, i also wanted a better clean and a 3rd channel and both my amps now give me that. i still tell people all the time the uber is one of the greatest amps ever. if i didnt own 3 of them and play ubers for over 3 years with 2 bands and different cabs and tube combos then maybe it could be said i gave up too soon but i think i put in plenty of time to get to know it.

i actually like the xtc101b i had better with a maxon od9 as a clean boost infront. im gassing for another one and hopefully will get it this year.

i also picked up another slo100 today and its cool, i had one a year ago and sold it but i figured i would try it again.

Comment

just came home from yesterday's band practice using the 2210.
                  to make a long story short, i'm pretty sure that i'll be using that amp in the future. i guess i just totally forgot how great this amp really sounds. kinda fizzy when playing alone, but that gets blocked out once the whole band kicks in.
                  i can't believe how well it blends with the powerball...the PB has a lot of lows and highs the marshall is lacking, whereas the marshall provides the midrange the PB doesn't really have.
                  however, i also forgot how loud this amp is....goddammit, it's got to be the loudest amp i've ever heared. the 5150 packs a lot of punch, but the marshall is just stupid loud. as i said in my original post, the PB master usually is set around 4, whereas the framus had to be at least at noon, with the channel volume cranked. even the 5150 needs to be around 3-4 to keep up with the PB.
                  the marshall was set at 1,2. 'nuff said.
                  we cranked it some more just for shits and giggles to see how loud it gets, but honestly, we had to stop at 3...at that point the volume was getting almost unbearable. and that is through a single 412 cab mind you.
                  what surprised me the most is that the leads cut through just fine even without a volume boost..just the reverb and a tube screamer upfront. try that with a 5150, let alone the framus.

however...and that's the downside of the story...i guess it needs new powertubes. there was a crackling sound coming out of the speakers from time to time when we didn't play, regardless of the channel that was selected. at first i thought it might be a bad cable, but even after unplugging everything the crackling didn't stop.
                  i *guess* the powertubes are going bad after all, or could there be another reason?

anyways....i don't know, i guess i'll sell the framus even if i won't get another amp as a replacement. it's just not cutting it anymore...the reason why i'm not quite sure about it is that i might want to use it in the studio for an upcoming record.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Broseppi Rudy, You speak gospel like shit ..we are united in Uberness!!

Yes Indeed!

YES..my Uber KILLS KILLS KILLS anything in its fucking path! I will put my Uberbitch against any fuggin thing. Within seconds your jaws would drop and your dicks will be in your shirt pockets...you will wimper. Sucking your thumbs in a fetal position screamimg "Make it stop..please make it stop!

Now that is funny! :ROTFL:

Bill Z Bub
                    On a side note, I'm trying to make my Uber play nice with a few pedals (chorus, reverb, delay, phaser) and I use them in conjunction with a Hush II CX in the loop mostly. Its not working out too well. I get lots of noise depending on whether the Hush is set to line or inst. level. However it renders the clean channel completely unuseable if I set it so there is no noise. My G-Major thru the loop sounds fine however, I tried one set up friday night and the other Saturday night at gigs. I'm just determined to make these damn pedals work with it!
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Brohams Rudy & XDeath..I want to share with you the uberjoy of sonic bliss. But I'm delerious from watching Van Halen trainwrecks on Youtube all night like this one ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGalV-2pmQc

I'm in a tizzy..we'll discuss this futher when I'm not cross-eyed.

Comment

Well, I spent an extended amount of time trying to get my pedals to play nice with the Uber. It just isn't happening. The loop on this thing doesn't seem to like pedals in it, I even tried my Ebtech Line Level Shifter and no go. I have to crank my Hush unit up full max to quiet it down and that kills off the clean channel completely plus the volume mis-match with loop on vs. off is horrible. The same pedals through a Marshall for testing purposes worked well. Anyway, I ditched the pedal idea with the Uber and just went back to my G-Major thru its loop and all is well again. So thats the live setup I'm keeping. For anyone wondering I ran the following pedals with a Ground Control Pro and GCX Switcher: Fulltone Choralflange, T-Rex Reverb, Guyatone Delay, Retro-Sonic Phaser. All were thru the loop along with a Korg tuner and Hush II CX except for the Phaser which sounds much better up front. I also had a Fulltone Wah on the floor, thru the front of the amp. Anyone else successfully run pedals thru the Uber's loop?
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                        X