RM100 went poof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RM100 went poof

Last night at rehearsal we were playing a song and in the middle of my solo my amp stopped working. The amp has power and all the tubes light up but no sound. I plugged my guitar directly to the amp this morning still no sound. I also replaced the fuse in the back. I have the chassis out, there are 2 slow blow fuses on one side and 3 in the are where the power tubes are. 2 are slow blow and one is a fast blow. The slow blows look fine I metered the fast blow and it checked out fine. Any suggestions?
    Scott
    Just one more guitar!

Maybe the speaker or speaker cable?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My reply went poof!

I ought to learn to hit "Post", instead of "back".

Comment

You may want to ping Pete (twisteramps) - he's done a ton of mod work on the preamp modules and may have some insight into the amp as well.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Pete would be the one I'd ask.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I checked all the fuses (the 5 I found) they all tested good. I have read a bunch of Petes post on the Randall site as well. I also tried another guitar and cab just to make sure it wasnt the amp. Even though none of the bad tube leds are lite up I think I am going to start swapping tubes out.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Pete is good with this stuff. Also, if you go to the Randall MTS Forum, Bruce Egnater who designed the amp as well as a couple guys from Randall are usually on there and have helped people with such issues before.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I bet the little hamster fell off the wheel.

Comment

I didnt have time to swap tubes yesterday, hopefully today. I wonder where Pete is?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Check the tubes for cracks. One time my Road King powered up fine, everything looked good, tubes glowing, but no sound. It ended up being a cracked preamp tube.
                    Scott

Comment

I swapped all the tubes (pre & power) no dice.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

As per the Randall forum I plugged the guitar into the effects loop to test the power section, still no sound. Any suggestions?
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Post here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/index.php

Between Pete, Bruce Egnater and any of the Randall guys they should be able to help you out.
                          Good deals with:
                          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
                            Post here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/index.php

Between Pete, Bruce Egnater and any of the Randall guys they should be able to help you out.
                            Contact Randall.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sounds Like Maybe A Transformer OR A BAD SOLDER JOINT / COLD....... I Would Contact Randall As Tim Said At This Point. Sorry for the caps. keyboard is acting up

Comment

Working...
                              X