• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    The KT77s are great!
    I put KT77s in my Mark IV, they sound so much better than the EL-34s did

Comment

is a KT77 a direct replacement for an EL34 regardless of the amp?
      my marshall jcm800 2210 needs to be retubed, but i'm unsure about the type of tube i'll go for....as for regular EL34s the winged C svetlanas seem to be the most popular one around here. what about the JJ E34L? what's the difference in sound when compared to a regular EL34?
      could i also use KT77s in my marshall? why would i want to do so?
      looking for the most "brutal" tone i can get out of the old marshall, meaning less honk (the amp's got plenty of that ) but more bass...not so much a highend increase, it's pretty sizzly as it is right now. volume=output is also not really that important. the 2210 is loud as fuck regardless of the tubes it's running

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle View Post
        is a KT77 a direct replacement for an EL34 regardless of the amp?
        my marshall jcm800 2210 needs to be retubed, but i'm unsure about the type of tube i'll go for....as for regular EL34s the winged C svetlanas seem to be the most popular one around here. what about the JJ E34L? what's the difference in sound when compared to a regular EL34?
        could i also use KT77s in my marshall? why would i want to do so?
        looking for the most "brutal" tone i can get out of the old marshall, meaning less honk (the amp's got plenty of that ) but more bass...not so much a highend increase, it's pretty sizzly as it is right now. volume=output is also not really that important. the 2210 is loud as fuck regardless of the tubes it's running
        Yes, they're a direct replacement for EL34s. They'll give you a little more low end and less honk. http://www.eurotubes.com/euro-e.htm
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A little off topic, I don't know if you've got the capability to run these in your amp (bias) but for metal, try out some 6L6/5881's.
          2 BC Rich USA Gunslinger's-lightning bolt graphic
          BC Rich USA Mockingbird-candy apple red metallic
          BC Rich USA STIII-gray snakeskin
          Ibanez RG770DX-lazer blue
          Kramer Sustainer American-black

Comment

Working...
          X