Peavey JSX Blowout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey JSX Blowout?

I'm not in the market for one of these amps myself, but GC tells me that Satch has left Peavey for VOX and they are blowing out the JSX heads for $1099. Just figured any JSX fans on here might want to know.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

GC has a habit of coming up with BS to blow things out. Things that may or may not be working right. I know someone told me he was sold a DKMG w/ active EMGs for $300 saying they were being changed for 2008; and they aren't, which lead me to believe it is one with a miscut neck pocket. Also, Vox amps sound nothing like Peavey, which means this makes even less sense.

Comment

Yeah, Vox sounds like a most unlikely company to endorse someone like Satch.

Comment

just like randall seemed to be a most unlikely company to endorse someone like mike amott - from mike's point of view of course

Comment

They've been trying to make inroads into a more "modern" market so I could actually see this happen if they are building him a sig amp from scratch. They certainly have some good high gain tones in their modeling series amps. Obviously its just hearsay at this point but I wouldn't be shocked if it comes to be.

Comment

Didnt they announce pedals being in the works at namm, i'td be more than possibillity they make some kind of valvetronix or valve amp for him...

Lot's of poeple have said that he's using mostly other amps with teh jsx being used likea microphone for a pop artist singing live...

It'd be an interesting turnout, I have had great experience with the AD valvetronix amps, and they definately have done a decent job so far of getting into the metal market...

Comment

Korg (or is it Roland)/Vox have some pretty deep pockets.

Comment

I belive there's a used JSX on the GC site for $799.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                  Korg (or is it Roland)/Vox have some pretty deep pockets.
                  Korg is Marshall and Vox. Roland is Boss.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool..the JSX is the Mike Amott model now?

Well, I saw mike with XXX..that is what the JSX is based on.

This should bring the cost down on a nice used one. If I could grab one for 6 bills..I'd do it. I'll give it time, I'm in no hurry..

I do like them..in the store anywhoo. I think I could work with that amp..I really don't see why me and that fucker wouldn't get along.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Korg is Marshall and Vox. Roland is Boss.
                      Thanks, boss. I'm always mixing those two up!

Comment

The fact theres only two satch amps out may have something to do with it, but the way he was talking when joining with peavey makes me think they'd work on alot of products. Maybe they're happy with the jsx sales and dont see a need to saturate the market, I dunno.

Vox really dont impress me at all, the $4k chinese wooden thing at a local music store made me laugh.

Comment

Sure sounds like GC salesman BS to me.

Comment

Come on they don't lie. Really it's already marked below cost trust me... now how about some strings. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                              The fact theres only two satch amps out may have something to do with it, but the way he was talking when joining with peavey makes me think they'd work on alot of products. Maybe they're happy with the jsx sales and dont see a need to saturate the market, I dunno.

Vox really dont impress me at all, the $4k chinese wooden thing at a local music store made me laugh.
                              +1 As soon as it turns into Made in China,i`m done!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X