ohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohm

If I want to hook up a 16ohm 4x12 cabinet and an 8ohm 2x12 cabinet to the head, which ohm or is that ohmage do I set my amp?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Assuming they are in parallel, that would be 5.3 ohms. I would say if you set the head for 4 ohms you would be ok.

Comment

ahh, first you should establish tube or ss? I assume tube, if I recall you were a Mesa guy.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
        ahh, first you should establish tube or ss? I assume tube, if I recall you were a Mesa guy.
        This is actually my Bogner gear. A Bogner Shiva and a 2x12 and 4x12 Bogner cabs.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

SS amps, you can go up from stated rating. 4 ohm out can drive 4, 8 16 etc..
          Tube amps, they say can be slighty mismatched down from stated rating, altho it is also said "always best to match exactly"
          Speakers, like hard drives are not always the rating they state..
          As Axewielder says, 4 ohms should be ok if parallel.

Comment

Working...
          X