Recommend me a good Bass amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a good Bass amp.

Whats a good combo bass amp?? I'm looking for something like a 2x12", or maybe a 1x15."
    I love admins!

i like the SWR workingman combos.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Gah! Looks like Carvin has discontinued their BRX-212 combo. That thing was awesome! That dude offered to sell me his, too, but he wanted darn near what they sold for new so I said no. Shit.

Anyway, it was an 800w 2x12 combo, vertical configuration. The lower speaker fired downward at 45-degrees which shook the hell out of everything. Built-in rollers and a telescoping pull handle. Another addition to my eBay want list.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Well, judging from how my bassplayer has sounded with his different amps, I have to recommend something from Eden or Phil Jones... but Phil Jones uses a very unique approach with multiple 5" speakers.

Comment

Carvins are the shit.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

SWR Redhead
            Scott

Comment

umm 10" is better than 12" period

look for Carvin, SWR, Ashdown and Eden products

I don't like bass combos though
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                Gah! Looks like Carvin has discontinued their BRX-212 combo. That thing was awesome! That dude offered to sell me his, too, but he wanted darn near what they sold for new so I said no. Shit.

Anyway, it was an 800w 2x12 combo, vertical configuration. The lower speaker fired downward at 45-degrees which shook the hell out of everything. Built-in rollers and a telescoping pull handle. Another addition to my eBay want list.
                Our bassist got one of those after deciding that his Eden stack was a little too cumbersome to haul around. I suggested that he try Carvin, despite my only experience with their amps being my old T100 power amp. The BRX sounds great, was priced very reasonably, and is easy on the back!
                sigpic

Comment

For a smaller combo..the Fender GDec 30 or maybe it's a 60?
                  For a larger one, the GenzBenz 100 watter is a great one.

Comment

Ya eventually I'm looking into an Aguilar etc...but we just need something smaller we can mic out in our jam room for now! Thanks guys!!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Carvin.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X