ISP Decimator quality control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Decimator quality control

I just ordered one of these brand new from MF, and it is D.O.A. Both on battery and external power it generates a massive amount of hiss and terrible crackling noises. Should I get a replacement or a refund? I see it is made in China. I am not impressed.

ive never had any problems with mine, and ive had for close to a year now...i would say get a replacement

Comment

Interesting. Can anyone recommend a better noise gate for playing metal?

Comment

Not unless you're ok with using a rack version... the Hush IIC (or something like that). The ISP is the best pedal NS out there IMO. Just get a replacement.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          Not unless you're ok with using a rack version... the Hush IIC (or something like that). The ISP is the best pedal NS out there IMO. Just get a replacement.
          Thanks, will do.

Comment

Don't have experience with the ICP but for pedals I use the older Hush The Pedal and for a rack unit I use the Hush IICX. Both work fine for me and I've had them for years without any failures so far.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Go to the isp website and get in touch with Buck (Waller, the owner). He'll help you out. I bought an amp from him a few years back (built in decimator, awesome!), and it was cutting out and the digital FX kept locking up. We emailed and then talked over the phone and I sent the chassis back to him, and they fixed it right up.

I think that the decimator is a pretty cool item to have in your setup.

Comment

I've had my ISP prorack G for over a year and haven' had any problems! I'd get a replacment!! They are bound to screw one up eventually etc...
                I love admins!

Comment

ive used decimator pedals for the last 5 yrs and only had 1 problem and they fixed it and I had the pedal back in 3 days and it didnt cost me anything even though it was old.

Comment

I've never had a problem with mine. Best noisegate pedal ever.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      Don't have experience with the ICP but for pedals I use the older Hush The Pedal and for a rack unit I use the Hush IICX. Both work fine for me and I've had them for years without any failures so far.
                      Same here. I have the two-button blue pedal, the IICX, and an even older Guitar Silencer. I don't remember what the GS cost me, but at $40 for the pedal and $80 for the IICX (used), there's no way I could have justified the extra expense of the ISP equivalents. That's nothing against ISP either - I would just rather spend that money on something "fun" rather than the negligible improvement over the Rocktron stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                        Same here. I have the two-button blue pedal, the IICX, and an even older Guitar Silencer. I don't remember what the GS cost me, but at $40 for the pedal and $80 for the IICX (used), there's no way I could have justified the extra expense of the ISP equivalents. That's nothing against ISP either - I would just rather spend that money on something "fun" rather than the negligible improvement over the Rocktron stuff.
                        But that's what you are missing about the ISP. The extra cost is not just for a better noise suppressor. its a different technology IMO. There is something totally different about the ISP when compared to say the Boss NS-2. While the Boss NS-2 was just looking at cutting the noise while I'm not playing, ISP was actually trying to remove the noise in real-time. I cant explain it...but you gotta try it out for yourself to learn about it. And the threshold knob is ultra sensitive.

What I liked about it is that even if I had the ISP at the end of the chain after some effects, if I switched to the clean channel on the amp, the ISP would still let my cleans go through. My previous apartment had some grounding issues. the Boss NS-2 was good only at the front of the amp. if I had it at the end of the loop, it would just kill my cleans.
                        Sam

Comment

Waller (ISP) used to be one of the head guys at RockTron. Helped start them from the ground up.
                          DiMarzio Endorsee
                          www.dimarzio.com
                          Morley Endorsee
                          www.morley.com
                          "Intelli-Shred" author
                          www.myspace.com/intellishred
                          NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

I've owned quite a few noise gates including several old and newer models of Rocktron gates along with the Boss noise gates as well and the ISP is by far the best noise gate on the market bar none!! Well worth the money spent!!

Comment

Actually, I do have an issue with the Decimator. If I use it in front of the amp, it doesn't mess with my cleans, but it still lets through some hum. In order for it to work effectively at cutting noise, it has to be in the loop. In the loop, when I'm not playing, my amp is DEAD SILENT, like it isn't even turned on. Unfortunately, it also tends to cut my clean signal down very badly. Fortunately, I rarely ever use my clean channel, so it doesn't bother me, but if I did, I would have to turn the ISP off every time I switched channels.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X