Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIG-X are shipping!!!

Can't wait to get mine .
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

huh?

Comment

What's a Sig X?
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

The latest creation from VHT.

Comment

Looky here...

Comment

Ah cool. I've never played a VHT - what's the story on this one?

Comment

The long awaited and highly anticipated SIG:X Three Channel Tube Amplifier from VHT Amplification will begin arriving in stores in February. Described as “The best sounding (and feeling) amp I played at NAMM” by Matt Blackett of Guitar Player Magazine, the all new SIG:X (as in Your Signature Here), represents a new generation of VHT amplifiers.

Overview
              Feature packed, yet simple and intuitive to operate, the SIG:X produces an astonishing array of tones and textures never before attainable from any single amplifier. Incorporating proprietary VHT design technology, top notch components, precision engineered transformers and legendary VHT build quality, the SIG:X is absolutely without peer in the guitar amplifier industry.

Players reactions at its 2008 NAMM debut ranged from spontaneous giggling to slack-jawed amazement as they played and watched the SIG:X produce an incredible palette of clean sounds on all 3 channels, then gradually morph from bluesy grit to fat chunky rhythms sounds and finally into a fire-breathing gain machine – all on only one of its three channels, and using only a stock vintage style strat.

Features & Specifications
              Three independent channels with separate tone controls.
              Three-Position PRE EQ VOICING switch for each channel allowing custom tailored tone shaping.
              Exclusive VHT GAIN I/GAIN II Voicing and Overdrive configuration with channel assignable, footswitchable or manual (front panel) gain boost.
              MORE/LESS MODE (Gain Stacking) for each High-Gain channel to select 3 or 4 Tube Gain stages on selected channel (channel assignable as on CL/UL models).
              POWER SHIFT feature, a single mini toggle switch on each channel enables channel assignable Tube/SS Rectifier and 100W/40W output power selection (operates like ENHANCE MODE on Fifty/CL/ST).
              Patented DYNAMIC SENSING feature (introduced in the GP3 pre) tracks string attack/decay to optimize sustain and note detail.
              Two dedicated sets of Depth and Presence controls, one set for the Clean channel and one set for the LEAD and RHYTHM channels. Each set of Depth and Presence controls are voiced for their specific channels.
              Footswitchable True-Bypass, Series/Parallel Effects Loop with level controls. Suitable for using the loop as a volume boost.
              Smart Foot-controller selects LEAD, RHYTHM, CLEAN, BOOST and EFFECTS. Recalls previously selected combination of channel and boost/loop. Footswitch Boost and Effects functions can then used for gain boost (BOOST) or volume boost (EFFECTS) or both. Very cool with the recall feature.
              One 16 ohm output jack is provided for connection to a 16 ohm cabinet. Two additional parallel jacks with a two position 8/4 ohm selector switch are provided.
              A fixed level line out jack is also provided for direct recording or slaving.
              Specifications:
              Output power: 100 Watts RMS max. 40 Watts RMS, low power mode.
              Size: 29-1/4W X 9H X 10-1/2D
              Weight: 53 pounds
              Tube compliment:
              1 X 12AX7 Tung Sol
              5 X 12AX7A - Shuguang
              2 X KT88 – Sovtek – Premium Matched
              1 X 5U4G – EH

Comment

yikes. sounds awesome!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

NUHIIICEEE!!!!

BTW, what's the price tag?
                  Sam

Comment

I'll play one when it arrives at GC!!!

They may have one already..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by 10secondLX View Post
                      Players reactions at its 2008 NAMM debut ranged from spontaneous giggling to slack-jawed amazement
                      Sounds like they're describing the aftereffects of chemical abuse rather than playing an amp.
                      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        NUHIIICEEE!!!!

BTW, what's the price tag?
                        Street- about $2100

Comment

Holy cow, that sounds like serious business...
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I actually played one at NAMM! (big time pressure too..as Steve was
                            right behind me for about 2 minutes! (the longest of my life.. im surprised
                            he didnt just walk away after 10 seconds of "Wicked Sensation!
                            Ok..ill come down to earth now... this X is a bad ass! Almost too many
                            tweaking options though... literally the most diverse amp head ive ever
                            seen with mid/post/pre boosts.... seemed to have about 4 or 5 different
                            mini switches at every turn! If you cant find your tone on this head..it
                            doesnt exist! Just screwing around with it for maybe 20 minutes, i knew
                            it was great! Imagine spending a year with it? Brutal...singing... thunderous~! And i dont even know what im doing!

Comment

Guys have received theirs on the HCAF and a dealer on Rig Talk posted some clips... Cleans sound really good, lower gain 80's metal type tones sound awesome... High gain clips sound very VHT Deliverence-ish.

Comment

Working...
                              X