No announcement yet.

BEST SOUNDING SOLID STATE AMPS FOR METAL \m/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here it is. i was told that this is the Crate version of this head and that SLM made both around the same time.

Comment

hahaha, yeah....i was just looking at that!!!! i like plug-n-play amps. i am not a big fan of using pedals for my sound. effects, yeah, but my core tone MUST come from the amp....those ampegs are awesome. crate gx130c, huh? may hafta find one...
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I miss my vh140c

Comment

I had a Crate GX130c....it had suuuuuuuper nice clean and was good for that old school death metal tone. Nothing else really as it had a bit muddy tone for my liking and was a bit tooo cold sounding at high volumes (I played it through a 2x12 equipped with GT12-75s).

Comment

Laney Pro Linebacker.Best SS amp I have owned.Thanks to Mr Jg Cable.I took his advice and was blown away how good it sounds....
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I really like my Marshall Micro Stack from 1987 (Silver Jubilee). It has a great singing quality. It sounds especially good turned up at least 1/2 way with natural room reverb. Rumour has it that ZZ Top used one with a Celestion G12-100 loaded 1x12 to record an album (Eliminator?).

I have no idea if the newer ones sound good or not.

I also have fun with a POD 2.3

Comment

I had a Crate GLX30 and even though I was still a noob when I owned it, I could swear the distortion channel was the best I had ever heard through headphones. Its speaker sucked big time tho.
                Sam

Comment

I know, supposed to be the "best", But I love the sound of my little Peavey Studio Chorus 210, hooked up to a 2x12 cab. And the chorus sounds almost as good as the Roland Jazz.
                  The simulated tube saturation smokes.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    I really like my Marshall Micro Stack from 1987 (Silver Jubilee). It has a great singing quality. It sounds especially good turned up at least 1/2 way with natural room reverb. Rumour has it that ZZ Top used one with a Celestion G12-100 loaded 1x12 to record an album (Eliminator?).

I have no idea if the newer ones sound good or not.

I also have fun with a POD 2.3

Yeah Dusty favors the lead 12 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
                      Laney Pro Linebacker.Best SS amp I have owned.Thanks to Mr Jg Cable.I took his advice and was blown away how good it sounds....
                      Hmmm. Never heard one. I will have to see if I can get my hands on one.

Comment

I love my Fender M80 head. It was dirt cheap used and is LOUD with my (also dirt cheap) Legend 4x12 cab. It gets great cleans great chunky distortion. I just wish it had more flexible EQ on the overdrive channel rather than the shape/contour knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                          What are the best Solid State sounding amps ever...

Modelling amps EXCLUDED>>>> No Line 6 or Johnson or anything like that. Just old school SS heads.

so...whats the difference? Its all solid state :ROTF:
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hughes and Kettner Warp 7, I have used it for years and it sounds great! I use an H&K Triamp Head as my main tube amp as well.....
                            Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              so...whats the difference? Its all solid state :ROTF:
                              Well, there is. Modelling amps dont have a "true pre-amp" per se in them. There is a chip with all these sounds modelled and programmed, a circuit to control them and a power section to amplify the sound. In an amp, there is a preamp, its controls and poweramp. The preamp is a true preamp and its a characteristic of the amp itself. It consists of resistors, transistors, caps, etc. Its Solid state. Not a chip.
                              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                                Well, there is. Modelling amps dont have a "true pre-amp" per se in them. There is a chip with all these sounds modelled and programmed, a circuit to control them and a power section to amplify the sound. In an amp, there is a preamp, its controls and poweramp. The preamp is a true preamp and its a characteristic of the amp itself. It consists of resistors, transistors, caps, etc. Its Solid state. Not a chip.
                                sarcasm dude...sorry you didnt see that
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X