Headphones for practice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones for practice...

I hate the sound that comes from the standard headphones I use with my Pocket POD...are there any guitar specific phones to look for?

BTW...Not impressed with the sound of this Pocket POD...I'm a XTLive user so I thought this would be a familiar piece of gear, sound wise...Not at all...good enough for practice and to save my XTLive for live use only...

HELP!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

I have some Sony headphones with my POD. They sound really good. I'll look up the model number if you are curious, but it won't be until Monday (headphones in Cleveland, I'm in Cinci).

Comment

Koss Pro 4AAA.
      Big, but I love them for everything.

People look at me funny when I used them on the mp3 player, though.

Comment

Thanks Don...I'd appreciate that...

Those Koss phones are very retro...lol But very cool looking.

Love the old curly cord...brigs back memories!

Comment

Go to musician friend and look for studio headphones with a flat freq. response that way they won't color the sound.

Comment

I bought a pair of AKG K171 headphones and they are awesome, sound great through the amp or when recording.

Comment

I have Sennheiser HD280 Pro's.

Comment

I just use the Fender ones that came in my Strat pack, though I have thought about upgrading. I got my dad some $75 Sony ones for Christmas this year and they are REALLY nice. Just be sure to get well made ones.

Comment

What are your "standard headphones"?

For the record, I own a pair of AKG-501 and Beyerdynamics DT770 PRO. Both are great headphones and also quite different from each other, but I can't stand using any of them with my POD (or any other guitar effect modeler, like my old Zoom 505 II). The sound always seems to be so harsh with the highs grating my nerves.

I prefer to play over my computer speakers at a really low volume for "silent" practicing.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                    I have Sennheiser HD280 Pro's.
                    same there great in my pod
                    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I use Sony MDR-CD180's They are crystal clear not harsh at all.I use them with my POD,J-station and Behringer half stack.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                        What are your "standard headphones"?

For the record, I own a pair of AKG-501 and Beyerdynamics DT770 PRO. Both are great headphones and also quite different from each other, but I can't stand using any of them with my POD (or any other guitar effect modeler, like my old Zoom 505 II). The sound always seems to be so harsh with the highs grating my nerves.

I prefer to play over my computer speakers at a really low volume for "silent" practicing.
                        I have been using these "Skullcandy" headphones...(Hey...they were camo and had skulls on em okay!) lol

I am right with you on the harsh grating high end...Yes...that is it...There is a particular freq maybe? So I figured there must be a better "Type" of headphone for this application...I also use my computer sound system/POD for home practice...sounds great that way...My XTLive sounds the best by far though. I just rather not pull it out since I am always packing it up for a gig or practice...

Comment

How would you compare it to a Pro Jr. or a Blackface Princeton Reverb because these are my favorate two low watted amps.

Comment

I swear by my Beyerdynamic DT100's. No colorization to the sound, great ambient noise reduction and pretty much industry standard in recording studios worldwide. I've used them for years both for practice and recording and they have always been solid as a rock, causing very little fatigue when used over long periods. Also, all parts are replaceable, so they should last a lifetime. Only disadvantage is they are rather chunky

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                              How would you compare it to a Pro Jr. or a Blackface Princeton Reverb because these are my favorate two low watted amps.
                              Wrong thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X