Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Amps recommendations

Hi,

I need some amps recommendations for my new baby(Charvel 650xl).

My badget for this is about 400-500$ and i want a new Amp.
    What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Are you playing in your bedroom, or attempting to decimate the hearing of your neighbors?

Comment

My house.i think 30w would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Haimkras View Post

I have a Laney LC30 II combo amp...it's 30 watts (though it can sound like 50 watts), 1 x 12, all tube, has great tone and distortion (even without a D. pedal)

The LC30 combos are good for rock/metal, or whatever else. Of course Laney makes other combos that are not as well suited for rock/metal...whatever your preference.

Anyway, I love this combo so much that I bought a Laney cab and a vintage Laney AOR 100 watt head....yes I play it in my living room....but thay do make earplugs for a reason. Not close to neighbors either I think Laneys are the most underrated British amp. Everybit as good as Marshall.
        Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
        Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
        Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

I would say, going by your previous post, the 650xl being your first guitar, now your first amp... run down to your nearest music store and try out one of the Line 6 spider or Flextone combo amps. New, they start around $200, and go up from there. You may find one used for far less. They are versatile, and have a shit-ton of sounds to play with. With the money you save, get your guitar set-up properly, and have FUN!

Comment

Crate V32.

All tube, class A, two channel with reverb.

Best value out there.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

My honest opinion; a 30w all tube amp is too much amp for what you want to do, and unless you have an attenuator you wont get all the benefits of a tube amp at bedroom / practice levels.

My advice;
              Go with the VOX AD30VT. Around $250, plenty loud, lots of different tones, easy to use, and more amp than you'll use for a while. Its got a built-in power adjustment that lets you set the amp between 1w and 30w, so you can get cranked tube like-tone at bedroom levels, or go loud enough to piss off the neighbors IF you want to.

Maybe I sound like a VOX commercial, and I honestly dont care. I swear by my VOX amps.

-Steve
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

Maybe a Digitech GNX4. I used to have one and it didn't sound near as fizzy as my older processors and SS amps. It has built in midi drums, an onboard 4 track, recording software and about any effect you could imagine. It sounds like crap through a traditional amp though. Sounds good through a PA, powered monitors or headphones though. Heck i even plugged PC speakers into the headphone jack and it sounded ok.

Comment

modded epiphone valve jr.

Comment

My badget for this is about 400-500$ and i want a new Amp.
                    Badget? Badget? We don't need no stinking badget!
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I think the above recommendation of the Line 6 Spider series is a good choice. I have a VOX AD30VT as a practice amp and I don't really like it too much. I really want to though...

If you wanted to go the tube route, I absolutely love the Peavey Classic series. A Classic 30 and a few pedals would be within your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by organelle67 View Post
                        I have a Laney LC30 II combo amp...it's 30 watts (though it can sound like 50 watts), 1 x 12, all tube, has great tone and distortion (even without a D. pedal)

The LC30 combos are good for rock/metal, or whatever else. Of course Laney makes other combos that are not as well suited for rock/metal...whatever your preference.

Anyway, I love this combo so much that I bought a Laney cab and a vintage Laney AOR 100 watt head....yes I play it in my living room....but thay do make earplugs for a reason. Not close to neighbors either I think Laneys are the most underrated British amp. Everybit as good as Marshall.
                        Along these lines, the Laney AOR 30 1x12. It's a combo, but with a sealed cab. A bit heavy. You get a Marshall-esque front end with a sweet 6V6 back end (Class AB push pull).

Comment

Peavy Valveking combo?

Comment

Line 6 Spyder or Roland Cube 30

Comment

Wow, this is just like my thread but different..

this may help..it helped me..http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80361
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X