help! looking for a very specific amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! looking for a very specific amp

I really like the tone when vintage Vox AC30 and Marshall Plexi are combined (running at the same time) and are boosted with treble booster or something like that for a bit more gain.

Does anyone know some amps wich can deliver that tone? No modeling stuff please!
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

I think Reverend might make something like that.( maybe hellhound???)

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      No modeling stuff please!
      Bummer. You'd have it made...

Comment

Are you looking for one amp that can approximate the hybrid tone of those two amps together or two amps that mimic plexi and ac30 respectively?
        The Mesa Lonestar Special is pretty nice with class a power and some smooth overdrive. Add a couple flavors of boost in front and it gets grindy.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
          Are you looking for one amp that can approximate the hybrid tone of those two amps together or two amps that mimic plexi and ac30 respectively?
          the hybrid tone

The Mesa Lonestar Special is pretty nice with class a power and some smooth overdrive. Add a couple flavors of boost in front and it gets grindy.
          I love Lonestar but I couldn't get that hybrid tone what I'm looking for
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
            I think Reverend might make something like that.( maybe hellhound???)
            that might be it, I've heard a lot of good things about it and they have awesome price too.... too bad they aren't made anymore. But they were made by the same guy who makes Naylor amps right now... they seem to have more edge compared to Reverends based on the talk on the net.... Dual Series 60 watt Head might be something I'm looking for.... now I just have to find a place where I can try out one

Comment

Matchless

Comment

Or you could always just buy a JMP 50 watt combo and a AC 30. The both would probably be less than a Matchless.

Comment

oh yeah Matchless amps are great but the prices are insane

Comment

Get a Boss GT-8 (or the new GT-10) and combine the two amp tones at once.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Get a Boss GT-8 (or the new GT-10) and combine the two amp tones at once.
                      I hate those things

Comment

Sorry then.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe a THD Flexi 50 could get you around there. Or even a BiValve.

Comment

It may be out of your price range, but I'm hearing lots of good things about the Rivera Venus 6. It might be worth it to try one.

Here's a link for you that also has a video demo of the Venus 6: Venus 6 link
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Easy, the Aiken Tomcat. It is EXACTLY what you are asking for:

New, a head is about $1550 USD.

Comment

Working...
                              X