Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THD's are pretty cool hot rodded Marshall type amps

I have to check out that Rivera and Aiken
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      THD's are pretty cool hot rodded Marshall type amps
      I don't know about the BiValve or the Flexi 50, but I've got a Univalve and really like that, definitely along the lines of a Marshall-type tone, bright and clear sounding. It's great to get different tones with the tube swapping you can do, but it still pretty much retains the THD sound. You can get it close to Vox territory by using an EL84 with the Yellow Jacket adapter.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        I don't know about the BiValve or the Flexi 50, but I've got a Univalve and really like that, definitely along the lines of a Marshall-type tone, bright and clear sounding. It's great to get different tones with the tube swapping you can do, but it still pretty much retains the THD sound. You can get it close to Vox territory by using an EL84 with the Yellow Jacket adapter.
        The cool thing about the BiValve and Flexi is that they'll let him mix and match output tubes. He can pair an EL84 with an EL34 and get pretty much what he's looking for. That's all sorts of cool.

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember reading about the mixing and matching of the tubes. That's pretty neat.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks for the info attila and Moobs
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Matchless Cheftain

Comment

Working...
              X