• Show
Clear All

• Got $10,000? Wanna sound like Kirk?

I just saw this......Oh boy.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Kirk who? :ROTF:

It had better come with a wah pedal!

Comment

That finish looks cool, but beyond that why?

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
        Kirk who? :ROTF:

It had better come with a wah pedal!
        Actually, that amp is just one giant wah pedal.

Edit: And if I were to be foolish enough to spend $10,000 on a halfstack, I'd be something like a Framus Cobra..Not a Randall.
        Last edited by Jacksons Shred; 03-11-2008, 06:34 PM.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
          Actually, that amp is just one giant wah pedal.
          lolllllll :ROTF:

Comment

No need for the $10K half stack, however the regular Randall RM100 is a really cool amp. At NAMM the Kirk modules were introduced and I heard them. THey sound good and I'm not really a Metallica fan at all. They are usefull for other stuff and eventually I'd like to pick up the KH-1,2, and 3 modules for my RM100.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

too expensive for my blood.

theres a few kh2 and kh3 module clips that were posted on hcaf and some guys said they sounded pretty nice.

Comment

I knew it wouldn't take long 'til the wah pedal jokes came out.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

"Wanna sound like Kirk?"

Ummm..no!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I seen Gus G with a Randall RM100..it sounded much better than the four Engl PBs I heard that night.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The RM100 is a kickass amp. And while there are some artist signature modules, they are useful for lots of other tones. I could care less about Dan Donegan but I do have the 1086 module (Dan Donegan module) and it sounds good! I also have the Mr. Scary (George Lynch) module and it too sounds awesome. Eventually I'd like to pick up the other Lynch modules and KH modules, I've heard them all in person at NAMM and they kick butt! My main modules in the RM100 that I use 90% of the time are the XTC and Blackface for distortion and clean respectively. The other cool thing about the RM100 is that its price is much lower than other nice high gain amps and it sounds good and is about the most versatile amp out there! I just wouldn't bother paying extra for the fancy Kirk Hammett amp. Plain old RM100 works just as good
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

that recent GW article that discussed the launch of KH's sig amp said that they just voiced the RM100 a bit darker to suit Kirk's tastes. And created the KH modules too, of course. So buying Kirk's modules to put in your own RM100 won't sound quite the same, not that that's necessarily a bad thing
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

No, and no....
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

10,000 is a lot for ANY half stack. especially for a guy that seems to have regressed over the years. i don't get it at all.....
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

10K you have to be fucking kidding me.. I have the Guitar World Mag where he talked about his Randall and talked about how
                              "Unfortunely, the vintage market isn't as much fun as it used to be. Everythings too expensive. It's being cranked out of musicians hand. I feel lucky that I can afford the stuff. But for the regular working musician , getting an old Strat these days is crazy" - From February 2008 Guitar World
                              Here is it for sale for 10k..
                              2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                              2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                              2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                              2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                              2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                              2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                              2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                              2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                              2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                              1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                              1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Working...
                              X