What amp is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amp is good?

I been around here for a little while. I'm looking for a amp that sounds good. Something that will make me sound like someone else. I see pictures of good guitar players with Marshall amplificators..are these good?

I want an amp that sounds like a Van Halen song called Eruption. Dave, the guitar player has his own amp called the 5051..are those pretty good? I saw some Van Halen videos with alot of amps. There was red and white and yellow striped ones ..both sounded the same to me..which one is supposed to be better?

There is a Van Halen effects pedal in a guitar world that has stripes on it. Can I just buy that to sound like Eruption or do I need speaker box too?

Thank you
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

I think what you're looking for is called a MASEE Quadruble Rectumfrier.
    It has tons of knobs on the front and back and the chicks all think it looks cool.
    Buy one it 'll get you laid.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

LMAO! Bill, are you baked again? :ROTF:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        I been around here for a little while. I'm looking for a amp that sounds good. Something that will make me sound like someone else. I see pictures of good guitar players with Marshall amplificators..are these good?

I want an amp that sounds like a Van Halen song called Eruption. Dave, the guitar player has his own amp called the 5051..are those pretty good? I saw some Van Halen videos with alot of amps. There was red and white and yellow striped ones ..both sounded the same to me..which one is supposed to be better?

There is a Van Halen effects pedal in a guitar world that has stripes on it. Can I just buy that to sound like Eruption or do I need speaker box too?

Thank you
        that tone is in the fingers asshole
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

anything with mesa in it should work, as long as it's a MKII C+
          or, anything peavey, esp. bandits.

Seriously, even if you are baked, I would suggest:

Mesa, as long as it's solid-state (no pesky tubes!!!).
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            You get tone by fingering assholes?

Comment

Don't get a 2203. Crappy tone and not loud enough.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I do, it's called the Brown sound. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Duh!

But I wonder if that is why my Maple fretboard is turning into rosewood?
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                      I thought the tone was in the asshole's fingers...
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Bill, what you need is one of those new Kirk Hammett Randalls. I could never afford one, have never tried one, in fact have never seen one in person. But he is in Metallica, and so of course he knows good tone. So in the spirit of the HC Forums, I'm gonna tell you to go buy an amp that I can't buy myself.

Or you could buy a Valveking! They're, like, the greatest amp ever. All tubes, baby! Rock!! btw, does anyone know if they're Class A or AB? And do they have true bypass? And do I have to buy a noise suppressor to use the VK?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks fellas!!!

I'm overwhelmed. I know I'll never be able to play eruption like Dave in Van Halen, he is amazing. You have to be a awesome guitarist to get your very own amp..just like that other dude in Metallica.

I asked the pros at Guitar Center and they told me about a amp that is supposed to get anything sound I want, including that Eruption song. He plugged me in some amp, I forgot the name of it but it didn't sound like that Eruption song at all..he said I wasn't playing it wrong..I was so embarassed..people were laughing at me.

There was real Marshall there but I couldn't afford what they wanted for it so the store guy didn't allow me to play it. He told me that tube amps (?) won't get me the sound I'm looking for..he said I needed to buy that one amp that can give you ALL the sounds. My freind took a picture of me standing next to the Marshall..that was awesome!

Maybe I need to buy a certain guitar, so I can play Eruption the right way. I'll ask the guitar center guy about that next time I'm there. He did sell me a book for 30 dollars that shows you how to play Eruption but I don't know what all those numbers mean

BTW..does it matter if you have a big amp, a medium size amp or a baby amp.

I don't have an amp yet..I just have a regular guitar for now...I keep dropping my picks in the hole in the middle. I think that is a dumb place to put a hole on a guitar. There must be over 100 picks in there.

Thank You
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
                            So that's how it's done. Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              There was real Marshall there but I couldn't afford what they wanted for it so the store guy didn't allow me to play it. He told me that tube amps (?) won't get me the sound I'm looking for..he said I needed to buy that one amp that can give you ALL the sounds. My freind took a picture of me standing next to the Marshall..that was awesome!
                              Dood!!

Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X