• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is teh awesomeness.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I been around here for a little while. I'm looking for a amp that sounds good. Something that will make me sound like someone else. I see pictures of good guitar players with Marshall amplificators..are these good?

I want an amp that sounds like a Van Halen song called Eruption. Dave, the guitar player has his own amp called the 5051..are those pretty good? I saw some Van Halen videos with alot of amps. There was red and white and yellow striped ones ..both sounded the same to me..which one is supposed to be better?

There is a Van Halen effects pedal in a guitar world that has stripes on it. Can I just buy that to sound like Eruption or do I need speaker box too?

Thank you
      Bill, the first thing you need is some good concert posters of the guitar player you want to sound like. Put them up in your bedroom because that is where you will be spending 99% of your musical career. Concert posters have a direct affect on your guitar tone.
      Next... buy the most powerful all tube amp on the planet and a pair of oversized 4 x 12 cabinets. I suggest buying the same amp that appears on the posters.
      Here is the most important part... instead of practicing... you should spend most of your time on the JCF asking stupid questions and posting stupid comments. Here are a few to get you started:

Will ____ amp make me sound like _____?
      Which amp is good for metal?

The posts I like the best are the ones where the newbie 1st year 16 year old bedroom player has an opinion on anything remotely related to playing live. Usually... this newbie is posting comments on a thread started by a seasoned veteran player who has been gigging and touring since 1979.

So.... Billy... to answer your question... "Which amp is good?"

Sorry.. can't answer that one... next question.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
        I think someone doesn't quite get it.

:ROTF::ROTF:
        Either it's the language barrier, or he's from the ESP forum where such questions are commonly asked in all seriousness!

Come to think of it, "language barrier" and "ESP forum" are the same thing....
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

well, don't fear....i CAN answer the question!!!!! much like what john said, it requires LOTS of posters, posing, and fantasy-making. first, get yourself in tune with the fantasy aspect by playing a role-playing game, or BETTER yet, GUITAR HERO!!!!!!! once you master the poses and dead accuracy of the GH instrument, you'll stop dropping picks in the hole of your guitar and you WILL be ready for an amp!!!!

i suggest getting the most raging, brootal, mind crushing amp EVER created. it will give you MORE power than a wall of 7 foot stacks. between this BEAST of an amp and your GH experience (along with posters and poses) you WILL become the rock GOD you wish to emulate....SO much so HE will come to YOU for "tone" tips!!!

the amp is......
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Anything but Bogner Ubershall will do

Comment

the price is SOOOOO right that even after all your training tools, the amp is afordable!!!

here it is:

Welcome to RadioShack's official website. Search and shop for electronics, gaming devices, powerbanks, audio products and business traveling gear.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That big fold out poster that came in my KISS Dynasty album helped my tone out bunches.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  I don't have an amp yet..I just have a regular guitar for now...I keep dropping my picks in the hole in the middle. I think that is a dumb place to put a hole on a guitar. There must be over 100 picks in there.
                  Bill, sir, your posts in this thread are the best ever.

Best posts ever, in any forum on any topic.

I love you, man. In a healthy straight way.

Keith
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hornz dude, you sound pretty kewl LOL111 omG101 1. My mom saze I can get a new amp, if I ace the cyens test tomorow. Therez a kller Bayringer amp from Germeny at Gitar Center in gunna get with a DOD, Black Sacrifice pedal, with the sodumized goat mod from this kid in my PE class. He's a fag and doesn't like it.

You in a band? Can you do the 2 handed hammering trick like Dave and paly the harmoniks up high? I got a sweet black Vantage Avenger. Todily vintage, dude! I hot glewed some old shot gun casings to my strap. It looks rad. I never took lessuns, on account of I can beat Guitar Hero 1-3 all on expert mode.

My mom can gimme a ride with my new rig out to your place to rawk after I weed the stupid yard on Saturday. PM me your adress. I scored some Camels from my old man's pack when he was taking a dump. We can smoke up.
                    Last edited by El_Kabong; 03-12-2008, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The most important thing is to stand properly. You have to stand with your legs as far apart as you can. That's what makes the brootalz!
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                        gunna get with a DOD, Black Sacrifice pedal, with the sodumized goat mod from this kid in my PE class.
                        Dood, wear canz I git mee won of dees? Sounz teh brootalz!! I like sodumeez goat two.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          Either it's the language barrier, or he's from the ESP forum where such questions are commonly asked in all seriousness!

Come to think of it, "language barrier" and "ESP forum" are the same thing....
                          Thx a lot
                          Last edited by wilczywilk; 03-13-2008, 12:13 AM.
                          Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            The most important thing is to stand properly. You have to stand with your legs as far apart as you can. That's what makes the brootalz!
                            from what i've read tone is not in the fingers... it's in your head, you hit a power chord let it sustain... then hit it again, while you give the metal sign with your fingers and bang your head up and down.

bill... let me know if you need lessons for smoke on the water.
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              LMAO! Bill, are you baked again? :ROTF:
                              Wrong question. It's "Bill, are you baked still?"

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Bill, I found it! Your Holy Grail amp! This will make you smoke that Van Harem guy you were talking about playing "Erosion" It's even got a whole chorus buit in there thow I don't see where the people fit....maybe they're tiny elf midgets......

Anyways, here's a pic.
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X