No announcement yet.

What amp is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guy..I'll tell you what. I can't tell the difference of a real Les Paul and my friend's Hondo sopy..they're identical. It is called a "Tobacco sunburst"..and it is almost mint..except for the back..My friend wears really big belt buckles with silver dollars in them..they're really kewl.

The Sunn with the speaker box comes up to my chin..so it will be loud enough for an actual coliseum..that is why thay named it the coliseum..my freind checked into that. I hope he takes my old Martin guitar with all those picks in it and $500..which is a great deal for everything I need..I'll make him throw in the guitar cord..its one of the curly ones...just like the one Jimi uses in one of my posters!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is it makes a lot of noise when you're not playing. My freind said that is called "feeback" ..all good amps make that noise. Then he put on a Jimi Hendrix album and pointed out that same EXACT noise..so he's absolutely right. The Sunn is 30 years old so it will only go up in value because it is a true vintage piece of gear..the Hondo too. I must get this rig!!!

The only thing I could play is the intro to Crazy Train, but it is one of the hardest riffs ever made in heavy metal because it was created by the late, the great Randy Roads..and he was the best..he died you know!

What do you guys think..sounds like a pretty good deal ?
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
      Bill, I just got an old amp from 1972....I think it's a Marshall. There are no marshall markings on it as the kid I beat up for it said he took the logos off to put on his radical 3 wheel skateboard. It says "Tandy" on the back by the 2 prong plug and says Archer with an arrow graphic on the speaker. I think those are "special" Callyestion speakers.I'll trade it for your Martian guitar and any res you can scrape from the bong.

Let me know if you want this super bro deal!

You mean you will trade me that real Marshall for my regular guitar that says Martin on it ..dude, I can't get all those picks out of there..is that OK?

You'll do this straight up??!!!

Absolutely..but the Sunn comes up to my chin ..how tall is the Marshall..because I want something really loud..I want to put the Marshall logos back on tho. I'll just call Marshall..that shouldn't be a problem..they're probably free!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

2day i boght a wah wah petal
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          You mean you will trade me that real Marshall for my regular guitar that says Martin on it ..dude, I can't get all those picks out of there..is that OK?

You'll do this straight up??!!!

Absolutely..but the Sunn comes up to my chin ..how tall is the Marshall..because I want something really loud..I want to put the Marshall logos back on tho. I'll just call Marshall..that shouldn't be a problem..they're probably free!!!
          I don't remember how tall you are Bill, but I'm 6'5" and it's about 2 feet taller than me. It got 4-18" speakers and probably 10-12" speakers. The pics are cool, I'll just keep them in there for extra tone....nice natural buzzy sounds. I'll do even trade, but a little hunched over because I think it weighs about 500lbs. I just talked to Penny at Marshall productions and she said that she's sending the logos over free with a free 6pack of Shotz beer. I figure we can split the beer. Oh I almost forgot, any possibility of throwing in some bong scrapings????
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            I don't remember how tall you are Bill, but I'm 6'5" and it's about 2 feet taller than me. It got 4-18" speakers and probably 10-12" speakers. The pics are cool, I'll just keep them in there for extra tone....nice natural buzzy sounds. I'll do even trade, but a little hunched over because I think it weighs about 500lbs. I just talked to Penny at Marshall productions and she said that she's sending the logos over free with a free 6pack of Shotz beer. I figure we can split the beer. Oh I almost forgot, any possibility of throwing in some bong scrapings????
            So that's it..the deal is done! I'm 5' 8" but I make up for it in the girth region. I don't know much but I do know this the bigger a amp is the better..that is a rule..so yes I need youir rig..my friend's smaller rig can kiss my ass. I will take you bong resin and chew it..I like to savor the flavor.

besides..18" speakers sound best for guitar..the bigger the better..like that scene in Back to the future..yeah!!!

done deal.

Comment

I think this horns666 guy is full of shit poser... first he can's spells the guy who played crazy train...its Rhoades not roads. Also you can't play crazytrain on a sunburnt honda...the later models you could becasue they had polka-dots and used better glue in the plywood...think its called tone glue. If you were really good you might be able to make it sound ok but to get right you gotsa have polka dots or it doesnt soud as good...guy is a FAKER
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

yea, all the best guitar makers use what they call "laminates". That's weer tehy finely tune the tone of teh body by selecting different layers of premium tonewoods & putting them together with acoustic glue. Kind of like Gibson do with a piece of maple on a magoh...magoo....mahoaganany body only better, because they use, like, 13 layers!!!11 I think I read that in a Dan Erlewine book.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  magoh...magoo....mahoaganany
                  :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                  X