Fender Roc Pro 1000...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Roc Pro 1000...

I've seen some of you guys talk about this amp. There is one right around the corner from me at a pawnshop with a listed price of $259. I can probably get it for $200 or less. Is this a decent price, and what kinds of metal sounds can I get from this amp? I have not tried it out yet. I play 80's type metal. Also, how many watts is this thing? Thanks for any info.
    Dana <~~~
    Last edited by guitarforceone; 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM.
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

I think it's a good price for one. I had one for a year or so and really liked the sound of it, both the clean channel and distortion channel. It'll be fine for '80s metal.
    IIRC, it had a three-way footswitch for channel changing, reverb on and off, and a gain boost. Even with the gain boost on, I think it still needed the help of an OD pedal to get into heavier metal territory. I'm not so much a gain freak any more, so I could probably deal fine with it now. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

get it. it'll do 80's metal perfect.

offer them 150 cash. and see if they'll take it.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Cool...I'll go check it out on my lunch break. It was there 2 days ago...hopefully it'll still be. Didn't notice if it had the footswitch or not. Will I still be able to access those features manually if the switch isn't there? Thanks again.
        Dana <~~~
        '85 Rhoads Custom
        '86 SD Str*t
        '86 Model 4 (5)
        '87 Model 1
        '87 Model 6
        '88 Model 3DR
        '90 650 XL
        '94 KE-3
        '97 DR Amberburst
        '97 Dinky BOFlames
        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I don't remember offhand, but I think there is a switch to access those features without the footswitch. As far as wattage, I think it's 100 watts, but it's been a couple years since I owned it. It's a hybrid amp, so there should be at least one preamp tube in there, also.

Comment

Thanks Joe!
            Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

No problem. Let us know if you get it. They are nice amps. I believe Yngwie used one of those on his Concerto Suite album, I think the combo version.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                No problem. Let us know if you get it. They are nice amps. I believe Yngwie used one of those on his Concerto Suite album, I think the combo version.
                He uses them when he does clinics too. They sound pretty good, the only thing I didn't like was that the lead channel was not as loud as the crunch rhythm channel in the one I checked out. Not a dealbreaker, just limits your maximum volume as you'd have to dial down the crunch channel to match.

At the time I looked at it its competition was the Marshall VS100 Valvestate head. I thought the ODs were roughly comparable and of course the Fender had a much nicer clean channel, and the Fender was $100 cheaper at $369 at GC at the time, circa 1998.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

the crunch channel will always be louder because less gain = louder audible volume.

thats one of the reasons AC/DC will always be louder on the radio than metal bands.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I never really noticed if mine did that. I pretty much always played with the lead gain boost engaged.

Comment

Working...
                    X