No announcement yet.

Peavey Windsor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ValveKing never had any problems and I owned it for several months.

I also tried the Traynor YCS100H with the matching cab and didn't like it very much. It sounded rather fuzzy to me, just not clear at all.

I haven't played the V3, but I would buy it over the Traynor based on the clips and reviews I've seen.

Comment

Seems like I've read somewhere that the Windsor tends to pick up radio signals; don't recall whether I read that here or at HC... If you don't have the money for a V3 you can get a Carvin MTS 3200 head for I think $619. That's a new US-made 100-watt tube head with 2 channels that takes EL34s, 6L6s or 5881s and with 5 12AX7s it has a lot of gain. It also has a glorious clean channel, especially for a $600 head.

Too bad you're anti-Ebay, you could get a MTS head used for $350-$400 easily. But then it's only $200 more to be able to hold the factory accountable if there are problems.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I've played an MTS. Nice amp. I think you'd do right, by buying one of those.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Well it looks like the Windsor just isn't going to be the amp for me, too bad sounds like its worth the money. The Traynor is starting to sound very sweet. There isn't much in the way of reviews online, a few but not many. I worry as to how it (any amp for that matter) is going to sound through my Marshall MG412. I plan to get something better/more suited but not for a while.

CharvelRocker I'm courios as to your take on this?:
          Originally posted by thetroy View Post
          My ValveKing never had any problems and I owned it for several months.

I also tried the Traynor YCS100H with the matching cab and didn't like it very much. It sounded rather fuzzy to me, just not clear at all.

I haven't played the V3, but I would buy it over the Traynor based on the clips and reviews I've seen.

Comment

I've got a Peavey Valveking 100w Head. Bought it brand new in November. No problems with it at all!

Its an awesome amp. Very Versatile. Great Clean Sound! I think it may need a bit more gain...but then again I've only just realised that the #1 plug in is high gain output and #2 is low gain input (I've been plugging my guitar in to #2 all this time & never realised until I read the manual the other day :ROTF but I haven't tried it in #1 yet as I currently have no cab.

I still need to get myself a cab. I borrowed my Uncles Marshall 1960a Cab for a little while, but he needed it back.

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
            I would not advise a Valveking to anyone, By far the worse of Peavey's amps, and I've heard of LOTS of issues with these breaking down. Not to mention to get the most out of them, you need a new speaker and tubes, as the stock stuff is crap. Traynor makes VERY good stuff, and I would point you to them in a heart beat.

That said, the V3 and the Traynor are both higher gain amps. The Windsor is a very JCM800ish amp. You need to decide what you want first.
            Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
            Fender Stratocaster (2006)
            Jackson PC-1 (2012)
            Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
            Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
            Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

Working...
            X