Bogner Plexi??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Plexi??

Has anyone read the post Matt put up about the new Bogners coming late spring?

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter
    Not sure if any of you have heard about these new amps, unless I've missed it I haven't seen anyone talking about them.

First of all, these are not the Spider Valve amps...

Bogner has designed a small line of amps that will be available in the late spring that are tentatively being called the "Cali" and "Plexi". These amps are being built in the Line 6 factory overseas and they're being distributed through the Line 6 dealer network. However, they do not say Line 6 anywhere on them, they only have the Bogner logos.

Bogner Cali 112 40 watt 1x12 - MAP $999.99
    Bogner Cali 212 40 watt 2x12 - MAP $1099.99
    Bogner Cali 40 watt head - MAP $899.99
    Bogner Plexi 100 watt head - MAP $1099.99

The amps are 100% all tube and are 100% being built under Bogner's supervision.

Should be pretty cool, I'm taking deposits if anyone is interested in reserving one of these!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
    35 Pleasant St
    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
    781-335-0700
    www.mattsmusic.com
    [email protected]
    I have been and am in the market for a new head but have been putting it off until I find what I'm really looking for in an amp. Being a modded 5150 guy for years now and liking amps such as the Uberschall, VHT Ultralead and the likes of a Boogie Mark IV would this fall into any of those tonal areas? Is there anything else anybody can tell me about it? Voicing? How many channels? What would it compare to?

Anybody?
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

well, if it is truly like a plexi, it won't be ANYWHERE near what you just described as your type of amp. it would be one channel with multiple inputs, low on preamp gain and would NEED to be cranked to ear-shattering levels in order to get the tone one associates with a plexi amp.

but, who knows? it could be a modded plexi circuit. what matt posted is all i have heard.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've been searching other forums this morning and all I've found so far is someone saying "hearing the plexi is a two channel beast." The only other references I see are all for the Bogner Alchemist 40 watt amps which I'm guessing are the Cali amps Matt spoke of. Nowhere do I see anything about a 100w head....

I found a demo video of the Alchemist which seems pretty cool/versitile. Not too gainy, but the tone makes up for it I think. http://fr.audiofanzine.com/videos/in...dmarque,0.html
      Last edited by VoiceX3; 03-13-2008, 10:45 AM. Reason: added link
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Oops, sorry but I just started a new thread on this amp. Look for the New Bogner amp thread.

Comment

Working...
        X