Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bogner amp

BOGNER AMPLIFICATION ANNOUNCES ALCHEMIST GUITAR AMPLIFIERS
    -From a sophisticated arrangement of simple circuits, currents, metal and wood, rich tones emerge-
    LOS ANGELES, Calif.--March 12, 2008--Bogner Amplification announced today Alchemist™, a forthcoming line of guitar amplifiers designed to deliver the signature flexibility, pure valve signal path and rich tonal characteristics indicative of historic Bogner amplifiers, all at an excellent value.

Created directly from the vision and specifications of Reinhold Bogner, and inspired by the voicing and culture of classic Californian-flavored amplifier designs, each Alchemist will deliver the chimey, sparkling cleans, creamy, touch-sensitive leads and bright and colorful crunch associated with its predecessors. Featuring two independent channels and a four-button foot switch, the line will be entirely flexible and designed to compliment the sounds of any single-coils and humbuckers--both vintage and modern. Featuring a selectable power section, from 40 to 20 watts, the Alchemist sonority quickly transforms to display a very different kind of magic. When switched to 20 watts, Alchemist undergoes a complete sonic metamorphosis, changing its harmonic complexity and feel to conjure the essence of the legendary Brown sound.

Well-rounded, the new Bogner Alchemist line will include 112 and 212 open-back Combos, a Head, each 40 watts, and a 212 Extension Cabinet. The line will boast 6L6 class-AB power sections, five-12AX7 preamps and premium Celestion® speakers. Plus, with top-shelf delay and reverb post effects running in parallel, and remaining separate from the original signal, the result is a rich, living and breathing, fully realized resonance poised to ignite a spiritual transformation within each and every player.

Eye-catching with a classic boutique fit-and-finish, Alchemist has a retro-modern design celebrating the classic, albeit timeless, approach to these modern amplifiers. The silver highlights and symbolic markings play to the Alchemist name and its entrancing ancient mysticism.

"We couldn't be more excited about our new line whose name speaks for itself," remarks Reinhold Bogner, founder of Bogner Amplification. "Guitarists will be in awe with the magically rich tone. Every component, every detail was hand-chosen to deliver the custom amp experience to the legions of guitarists who are truly discerning about tone."

I believe these are the Bogner amps that Matt's Music in the dealer section is talking about.

Comment

These sound interesting. On the new site all the previously 'regular' models (Shiva, Ecstasy, etc.) under the "Custom Shop" section of their website.
      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Here's a pic.

Comment

looks pretty sweet. sounds like bogner has "sold out" though, if the previous models are now "custom shop" amps....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            looks pretty sweet. sounds like bogner has "sold out" though, if the previous models are now "custom shop" amps....
            I personally wouldn't read too much into that. Probably just a good way to separate the US Built from the mass production models overseas. If the US models were left named as they were how would you differentiate the two without putting a "lesser" title on the new product....that's never a good idea.

I'm personally looking forward to hearing the 100 watt "Plexi" head Matt referred to. I'm putting all my amp plans on hold till I do. The backup amp will get me thru till then. :-)
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Cool! Another Chinese amplifier! How marvelous! Maybe it'll sound just as "fantastic" as that Chinese made Egnater.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

In this video it sounds like he is only using Line 6 for distribution, not manufacturing.

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/videos/in...dmarque,0.html

Comment

Im waiting to check out the 100 plexi out too before I pull the trigger on an EVH.
                  Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                  http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                    I personally wouldn't read too much into that. Probably just a good way to separate the US Built from the mass production models overseas. If the US models were left named as they were how would you differentiate the two without putting a "lesser" title on the new product....that's never a good idea.

I'm personally looking forward to hearing the 100 watt "Plexi" head Matt referred to. I'm putting all my amp plans on hold till I do. The backup amp will get me thru till then. :-)
                    +1, brand integrity is important in this situation, if we can get something close for a third of the cash it's gotta be a win. There's not enough info to justify a beatdown yet. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      Cool! Another Chinese amplifier! How marvelous! Maybe it'll sound just as "fantastic" as that Chinese made Egnater.
                      *** Ouch~! Tim for foreign ambassador! Will these be that cheap?
                      Are you sure their outsourced? Everything ive seen from Bogner sure
                      had some price tags on them? I better not find out VHT is making stuff
                      "over there"!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        Played one for an hour yesterday...yuck!!

what a lifeless, saggy, shit fucker that is..
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          Played one for an hour yesterday...yuck!!

what a lifeless, saggy, shit fucker that is..
                          what amp was that?
                          EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                          1959Epiphone les paul
                          george L cables
                          mxr pedals
                          Engl fireball 100

Comment

I wasn't impressed in the least with the Alchemist. I REALLY WANTED to like it, but just found nothing that made me even think about trading/selling my Mesa F-100 for it.

Comment

i played one recently as well. i DID like it better than the DSL i played. i didn't think it was too bad, but i wouldn't buy one. it sounded "fake" and lifeless. if i was a metal guy, i'd prolly dig it a lot, but i am a rock guy and most of my tones are based on the 70's marshall tone, not the modern gained out thing....
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X