BBE 422A with Uberschall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE 422A with Uberschall?

So I'm still pondering which amp to get.. First I had my mind set to a 5150 or 6505 and I even bought a BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A thanks to Mr. Horns666, but now i'm not quite sure. A friend of mine has a 5150 and it did sound a lot better with the 422.
    I've also heard an Uberschall (mp3) and it's sounds very good too... Problem is they are hard to find around where I currently live.
    So my question, would the 422 have a good overal effect on the sound of an Uberschall, or did I waste 100 euro's if I decide to go for the shall?

I doubt you'd need it or that it would improve the sound of the Uber. Horns would know, I think he tried it on his and didn't need or like it. But it's not a waste of morey considering you should be able to sell it for what you paid for it. Maybe your friend with the 5150 would want it?

BTW, if you're worried about wasting 100 Euros, I wonder if you can afford the Uber? Maybe keep the 422A and look for a 5150 instead.....
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

So... you're pondering one of the sweetest high gainer's out there only to utterly destroy the amps natural tone by slapping a BBE in the loop? You might as well just buy a Line-6 Spidervalve and save quite a bit of money.

Comment

I have an Uberschall myself, there is no need for the BBE with this amp. I also still own my BBE 422A that I have used with other stuff since the late 80's, I used to use it with my ADA MP-1 back then. The 422A is a great unit but not every amp needs it, the Uber is one that does not IMHO.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Money is not really an issue, so maybe I shouldn't have put that in the first post.
          Just that I hate to have stuff I can't use or don't need. But the unit works well with my old marshall 8100 stack.
          So the Uberschall is uber by its own, no need to add tubescreamers or shit to it?

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...it sounds like complete ass!!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              What the uberschall or uber / BBE combo? :ROTF:

Comment

The ONLY thing I use with my Uber is a G Major in the loop..I don't fuck with perfection!

BBEs are not a one size fits all unit! They will either work great or completely suck with various amps..amps I know sound good with them are 5150s, Crate BV120, SS Randalls and later Marshalls..such as the 2210 and my 9200/JMP-1/JFX-1. Amps that suck ass with the BBE are Rectos, Uberschall, CAE....not good!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                  What the uberschall or uber / BBE combo? :ROTF:
                  Uber/BBE is like..ummm..peanut butter and mustard!

Oh..I have the 422..I don't care for the 442a..there is a swelling sound that fades in and out with those units..

But not both my old 422as did that..just one. I don't have the prob with my 422..
                  Last edited by horns666; 03-14-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Ok.
                    Btw, I read somewhere there are multiple versions of the Uberschall, one with blue leds and another one. Are there differences, or do they sound the same?
                    And how to tell which one you got (besides the leds)?

Edit: for example what's up with this Boaner?

Comment

I have tried this myself. I have to agree with Bill. The BBE completely destroys the uberschall.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I dunno about the differnce of old and new Ubers..its NOT the difference installing 6 matching Tung Sols has made..that's for certain.

I'll tell you what, nobody has heard what an Uber can really do unless you do that..I know this!

But you can't use the same settings..you must dial it in from scratch ..and over a loud drummer at the very minimum.

IMO..6 matching Tung Sol Preamps tubes is just as essential as a 5150 with a BBE 422/422a!
                        Last edited by horns666; 03-14-2008, 12:12 PM.

Comment

The ONLY thing I use with my Uber is a G Major in the loop..I don't fuck with perfection!
                          For once listen to that madman Bill I just spent several days with my Uber, another amp for comparison purposes, then putting various high end pedals infront and through the loop with and without an Ebtech line level shifter. Best sound was my Uber with nothing but my G-Major in the loop. As far as just tone alone, the Uber needs no distortion pedal, no BBE, etc... Just a trusty Jackson in the input and you're good to go
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
                            Ok.
                            Btw, I read somewhere there are multiple versions of the Uberschall, one with blue leds and another one. Are there differences, or do they sound the same?
                            And how to tell which one you got (besides the leds)?

Edit: for example what's up with this Boaner?
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/Bogner-Uberschal...QQcmdZViewItem
                            Besides the blue led, mine says Revision Blue on the back. The difference as far as I know has something to do with the taper on the gain knob being smoother(?) and at some point in 2004 they added the adjustable input level to the effects loop. Mine was purchased in 2006.
                            That Boaner is pretty funny :ROTFL: The white looks cool. I don't think I've seen an Uber in white before. Whatever version Uber you got, enjoy it. Its a smokin' amp!
                            Last edited by roodyrocker; 03-15-2008, 08:06 PM.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

BBEs are not a one size fits all unit! They will either work great or completely suck with various amps..amps I know sound good with them are 5150s, Crate BV120, SS Randalls and later Marshalls..such as the 2210 and my 9200/JMP-1/JFX-1. Amps that suck ass with the BBE are Rectos, Uberschall, CAE....not good!
                              I love it... The amps that the BBE works with are pretty much lacking to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X