Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD X3 Pro!

http://www.line6.com/podx3pro/

Damn. I didn't think wishing for one of these would come true... right AFTER I bought an X3 Live.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Yeha I just got that email too... looks pretty badass!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I have a POD 2.3

It sounds good.

It does what I want.

Do I have any reason to upgrade?

Comment

I could always trade my X3L back....
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Imagine how cool it would be if you could edit it on your PC. NOPE.

Comment

REALLY? That sucks, are they working on the software still or is it not even compatible??
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

You know, I would wager ther is a way to "hack" the Pods.
              I ought to have my crack staff look into it. (Sons, age 14 and 15, expert PSP hackers and crackers).

BTW, if you have a PSP that needs software service, these guys can do it.
              (Software, OS, unbricking, and even hardware, now...)

Comment

Someone previously came up with a patch editor for the POD XT a while back. I suspect, hopefully, that someone will do one that works with the X3 series. I don't remember Boss doing one for the GT-8. The programs for that were all created by users. In the meantime, I suppose you can get a Quicklok stand to hold the unit 3 to 4ft off the ground. Just don't try to stomp on it if you do .
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

there is no editing software for the X3, the X3 live or the X3 pro. Line 6 was supposed to release it the end of January but of course... delays. I have only used mine once since I got it several months ago because I can't deal with the onboard editing. It sucks. Its supposed to be a gear box format editor.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    there is no editing software for the X3, the X3 live or the X3 pro. Line 6 was supposed to release it the end of January but of course... delays. I have only used mine once since I got it several months ago because I can't deal with the onboard editing. It sucks. Its supposed to be a gear box format editor.
                    Dude, you would SOOOOOO hate my job :ROTF:
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I was planning on picking up a Vetta soon but after reading about this today I don't know........

it comes with more models and effects than the Vetta, with bass models too.

I need a side by side comparison of all the features to decide.

How will this stack up against the Vetta, anyone wanna decipher it for me?
                      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I'm not an expert on the X3, but as a former Vetta player--a few things I picked up on:
                        - the X3 has only two stomp box slots; Vetta has three
                        - the controls on the Vetta are better laid out and easier to use
                        - the X3 handles the dual amps differently which results in the floorboard not working right
                        - the X3 adds bass and vocal processing stuff
                        - the X3 Pro lets you plug two instruments in with completely independent signal chains, so you could, for example, process your guitar and vocals at the same time
                        - the X3 replaces the two processors in the Vetta with a single, more powerful cpu

My solution? Wait six months, pay twice as much, and get a Fractal Audio Axe-FX. IMO, its amp models and effects are way better than anything Line6 has put out. Seriously.
                        Last edited by petedz; 03-14-2008, 11:05 PM.
                        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                          I was planning on picking up a Vetta soon but after reading about this today I don't know........

it comes with more models and effects than the Vetta, with bass models too.

I need a side by side comparison of all the features to decide.

How will this stack up against the Vetta, anyone wanna decipher it for me?

The Vetta is much better than the X3 and.... the Vetta has a kick ass PC editing package. I can't believe the X3 doesn't have double tracking!!! Its one of the greatest features of the Vetta.

Comment

Working...
                          X