Old Mesa Triple Recto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Mesa Triple Recto

I just found a mesa triple recto two channel on craigs list and snaged it. Its very clean with ware only on the leather corners. I've never had an amp sound so good distorted at such low volumes and its 150 watts
    I fell in love with the rythm channel but am still trying to tame the lead. I don't really use a clean for live so I'm fine with only two channels. Now I just need a footswitch, but I have no money.
    Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Congrats shreder!
    I love my Rectoverb...
    And the other Mesa's I've had in the past.
    All are true instruments unto themselves.
    You can probably download the users manual on the Mesa website (if you don't have a copy already).
    Enjoy!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Keep your eye out one ebay for the footswitch. I bought a Mesa footswitch last year and paid something like $15 for it. It wouldn't work with my 3 ch Recto but I tried it on my 5150 and it worked. I think any amp switch will work with your 2 ch recto.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
        I just found a mesa triple recto two channel on craigs list and snaged it. Its very clean with ware only on the leather corners. I've never had an amp sound so good distorted at such low volumes and its 150 watts
        I fell in love with the rythm channel but am still trying to tame the lead. I don't really use a clean for live so I'm fine with only two channels. Now I just need a footswitch, but I have no money.
        If it has 6L6's in it, change them to EL34's!!
        Trust me! the older two channel Triple Rectos sound the best with EL34's!
        Get a matched set of the winged =C='s from dougstubes.com

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan View Post
          If it has 6L6's in it, change them to EL34's!!
          Trust me! the older two channel Triple Rectos sound the best with EL34's!
          Get a matched set of the winged =C='s from dougstubes.com
          I plan to but, I have no $
          Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Congrats!!
            those 2 channel rectos sound killer!
            I have El34's in my Rectoverb and they really sweetened up the tone (IMO anyway)
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Its a fantastic amp. One of the greatest of all time. I was at Bikeweek in Daytona last week and a band guitarist was using a Triple and 4 Marshall 4 x 12 cabs. His guitar tone was absolutely crushing.

Comment

hey congrats on scoring a mesa head. i have a daul rec and i love it.
                as far as i know any 1/4 inch 2way foot switch will work for you. and i dont want to disagree with anyone here (being the new guy) but ive found for a heavier metal shredder type sound the 6L6 tubes work better... just my opinon. and you can down load the manual from mesaboogie.com. im not sure if yours is the same but mine has a switch for either tubes 34's or 6L's.

Comment

Working...
                X