Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GE-7...where in the chain?

OK, my current chain is as follows;

Guitar - AW3 wah - SD1 - NS2 - Amp front end.

Loop is as follows;

Send - Chorus - Boss Harmoniser - DD20 - RV5 - Morley Volume - Return

Just got a GE7, where does it go? Any advice appreciated, also some sample settings on all of the above (not the SD1 though, gain is an old friend of mine...).

If it was me, I'd put it in front, not in the loop. But there is no right and wrong so experiment!
    Scott

Comment

I have a GE-20 that I like as the first item in the loop.

This is my setup.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/index.php?...ects&Itemid=14
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

You're gonna get the best response from the EQ pedal, in the loop. Up front, the changes would be more subtle.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Where in the loop would I put the graphic?

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
            You're gonna get the best response from the EQ pedal, in the loop. Up front, the changes would be more subtle.
            +1

You can really put it anywhere.

If you put it after the guitar, it can make up for a pickup that you don't like the tone of.

Right before the power amp (last effect before the return to amp) it will have the most impact. Do the classic 'V' for a Metallica tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
              +1. EQs have always sounded better in the loop for me. Though, you can use it up front if you're just going for a gain boost without changing the sound.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Loop for me. First thing in too. Then reverb and delays, then flanger/ phaser/ etc. I always put my wah in front. More info then you needed but that is how I set my rigs up all the time.

Comment

Working...
                X