Krank Rev Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krank Rev Jr

How are these??? Are they a useful tool or gimmick toy?
    Last edited by BloodRose; 03-16-2008, 12:37 AM.

I was playing one of these recently and thought the sound was pretty good. I don't think it will work great as a two-channel amp, no footswitch and the clean volume acts as the gain knob for when you kick on the distortion. Switching off the distortion at high volume will make the clean REALLY LOUD! But if all you want to do is red line the distortion it's pretty good, though it would probably need to be mic'd depending on the size of the venue.

Comment

I really like mine, great all around tight metal sound that I havent heard in a low watter like this. It will really crank too, I ran mine through my cobra 412 at practice the other day and it really sounded killer, plenty loud. Its a keeper. Have you seen/heard the youtube vids?

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, Ive seen all the youtube vids a million times.. Sounds pretty good to me, but I was wanting a hands on opinion

Comment

I've heard Krank heads, atleast the Krankenstein are very unreliable and break. My buddy Chris that works at Long & McQuade told me that the Krankenstein head they have has been returned a couple times cause it keeps breaking. He didn't reccommend it which made me sad they seem badass. So i go a 5150 instead .

Comment

we had to use a Krank at a gig one time i thought it sounded like crap. no matter what we did with the knobs we couldn't get the suck out.

if you're looking for a practice amp you can't beat the Roland MicroCube. and the new JSX mini combo looks pretty cool.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

"we had to use a Krank at a gig one time i thought it sounded like crap. no matter what we did with the knobs we couldn't get the suck out. "

..oh that's good!!!:ROTF:
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X