G Major footswitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Major footswitch?

Hey all.....so, I've been reading some reviews about the TC Electronic G Major (I'm thinking about maybe getting one), but I hear that the round footswitch is a real pain....does anyone have any thoughts on this? Can you use other MIDI-type footswitches to control the G Major?

Thanks!

You can use any midi switcher. A lot of people really like the one made by Rocktron.

Comment

The Behringer FCB1010 will work and has a forum :

Comment

A lot of people on the Boogie Board have the GMajor and love the Behringer FCB.

Comment

Another option would be the ART X-15. It's listed as one of the compatible midi footswitches on the TC site (i.e. the expression pedals all work, etc).....and best of all....it's cheap. I bought mine for $60 on ebay.

Comment

Also, the GC told me that that round footswitch was discontinued.

Comment

"Behringer FCB1010" This is what I use with my G-Major. The FCB has two expression pedals so you can control your volume with one (which I do) and with the other, you can control other things that effect the FX you are using (which I'm not doing).

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Behringer FCB1010 are certainly alluring for the money..but my freinds went through three of them..warned me not to get one. I'm still looking for a mid switcher. I'll prolly go with Rocktron or something. I don't need it for much ..I may buy the one that came with the G Major..pretty simple, not much to break there I guess.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm pretty simple and use the RFX Midibuddy. I think it's under $100. Works perfectly after 6 years of beer and Jager spillage.

I've tried borrowing controllers by Digitech, old ADA, and a Line6 - all of them I failed to sync properly and were 1 patch number off. Prolly my fault for being in a hurry and not reading the manual well enough.

Comment

Catz..I'll check into the...RFX
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
                      Another option would be the ART X-15. It's listed as one of the compatible midi footswitches on the TC site (i.e. the expression pedals all work, etc).....and best of all....it's cheap. I bought mine for $60 on ebay.

I'll second the ART X-15. It works perfectly with my setup.

Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Ditto on the X-15 and built like a tank!

Last edited by Outlander; 03-21-2008, 12:50 AM.

Comment

oh man that rack setup looks tasty!

Comment

Thanks guys....lots of good suggestions here.
                            Has anyone had any problems with their G Major's "freezing"? I've read some reviews where people mention that.....I need a reality check from you all!

Comment

Also, isn't the ART X-15 discontinued?

Comment

Working...
                              X