No announcement yet.

Bashing an uberschall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I opened this thread because I know Bill would have a HayDay on this one! Get 'em Bill. Get out the dogs!

It's almost not worth responding to, realizing the source. (the Dean forum, not the JCF member)
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill, I'd love to hear some sound samples of you on the Uber, where can I find them?
      Also I didn't make this thread to bash Dean, my friend has one (import razorback) and it's great to play with. Next time i'll keep my sources confident

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
        Thanks for the info Bill, I'd love to hear some sound samples of you on the Uber, where can I find them?
        Also I didn't make this thread to bash Dean, my friend has one (import razorback) and it's great to play with. Next time i'll keep my sources confident
        You're right, the Dean bashing was a bit unwarranted. Personally it's not the right feel for me, but by no means are they crap. I played a couple Dime models that Dean and Guitar Center each donated last year for the Ride for Dime (Little Kids Rock) benefit and they played great and sounded great too. I didn't find any build issues at all either.

Keep in mind, with any "brand" board there will always be bashing of the competition.....it's the nature of the internet. There are some Dean owners here, including an Admin....so don't take it to heart.
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Granted the guy posting that review of the Uber may not have clue about what he's doing, but we all know that not every amp is right for everybody.

For example, I like Rectos... Should I think that anyone who says a Recto sucks is an idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
            For example, I like Rectos... Should I think that anyone who says a Recto sucks is an idiot?
            Yes!
            No Dean bashing here myself. I'm waiting on the ever elusive Rusty Cooley model released at the 2007 NAMM. 2008 NAMM has come and gone and still no Cooley model WTF!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have heard good things about the Uber. Never tried one myself but the blue lead channel is suppose to be awesome for leads.

Personally I have owned a Cobra for many years now - rebiased it, played with the tubes and dialed it in. Sounds absolute huge, articulate and cuts through the mix better than most amps. I like the crunch channel for leads as well. The lead channel has more gain and compression. Its great for the very heavy stuff but you can't beat the crunch channel on these amps - simply spectacular when you have the amp set up right - rings like a bell, very organic and "chimey" - harmonics just scream and note separation on arpeggios is beautiful.

Dude the Rusty Cooley model is suppose to have such a thin neck it puts an Ibanez to shame. Plus its built in Korea. And a generic floating trem system to boot. I have serious doubts on the tone of that thing.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
                I
                Dude the Rusty Cooley model is suppose to have such a thin neck it puts an Ibanez to shame. Plus its built in Korea. And a generic floating trem system to boot. I have serious doubts on the tone of that thing.
                Not defer from the thread, but I tought the Cooley was going to be made in Japan? Hmm, maybe I'd better look at Carvin or another EBMM Petrruci in a 7 string. I've got a JP6 and love it.

Comment

VWall Guitars has a note on their website saying that the RC model is delayed due to a build delay at the factory. They're claiming that the RC7G is coming in mid '08. The page didn't mention anything about where the factory is located.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

"Chevette was a little harsh Bill. "...Yes, you're right, that was a little harsh. I was exaggerating to make the point.

I envy those who can make a Recto work for them. Actually it pisses me off! Whenver I hear someone playing/sounding good with a Recto ..I always think WTF. I bought the very first one in my area. I wanted so much to love that amp. That was in the early 90's ..recently I plugged into my freiond's Recto..I kept backing the gain off to the point where it was much too clean for my liking. He sounds fine with it..I don't.

BTW..VoiceX3 said.."Guys, you have to remember one thing.....the tone you get from any amp can only be as good as you dial it in. No 2 different models will achieve the same sound with the same settings, they need to be dialled in to their "optimal" range for the sound you're looking for."

I couldn't agree more.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

My band just played out last night. Jacksons into Uber sounded badass! I'm not sure why someone on the Dean forum was unhappy with the Uber, that amp is easy to dial in! If the guy on the Dean forum didn't like the Uber maybe he can send it to me for a $200 since its a crappy amp
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                        Yes!
                        No Dean bashing here myself. I'm waiting on the ever elusive Rusty Cooley model released at the 2007 NAMM. 2008 NAMM has come and gone and still no Cooley model WTF!

Maybe it wasnt ugly enough to be a production Dean model
                        If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                          VWall Guitars has a note on their website saying that the RC model is delayed due to a build delay at the factory. They're claiming that the RC7G is coming in mid '08. The page didn't mention anything about where the factory is located.
                          Dean Called me Friday to inform me that the 1st batch is being made in Japan.
                          All future batches and orders are being built in the USA Shop and the price will reflect that increase as well - roughly 600-800 more...

I beleive the 1st run Deans will become a very rare and collectable guitar in years to come...

Scott
                          Vwall Guitars

Comment

Working...
                          X