Guitar Cable/Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Cable/Cord

I'm curious. Looking for 2 good new cables.

Been looking at those Analysis Plus cables (like Methias Jabbs uses) but they are very expensive.

What do you tone whores use?
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

just get some standard Dimarzio cables. anything else is a waste of money unless it has a great return policy like Monster. otherwise its a waste of money.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

+1

Comment

I'm using the Evidence Audio Lyric HG! What a deal! $145 for a 18' footer. Awesome cables. Stiff at first, but they bend more easily with use.

http://www.lavacable.com/evidence%20audio%20cable.htm
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have noticed a slight sound change between the generic $5 cables and the name brand $15 cables, but anything past that is ridiculous.
          Scott

Comment

I really like Planet Waves cables; they are built well, you can fix them when something breaks, they stay in your guitar, and the circuit breaker switch is handy for switching guitars when your amp's standby switch isn't handy. I also like the George L's my guitar teacher uses, and think they may be a bit clearer; that said I've never been able to A/B them.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              I really like Planet Waves cables; they are built well, you can fix them when something breaks, they stay in your guitar, and the circuit breaker switch is handy for switching guitars when your amp's standby switch isn't handy. I also like the George L's my guitar teacher uses, and think they may be a bit clearer; that said I've never been able to A/B them.
              I use them too, sturdy and easy to fix indeed. Althought I sometimes hear the radio playing throug my amp.

Comment

I make my own. I can choose what length and if I want right angle on one side or both right angle. I use high end Mogami cable (99% of studios use this) and Neutrik connectors. Its easy.

Comment

I have both Mogami & Planet waves they both have life time return if they break.

Comment

I have only bought Monster cables in the last 5 years. The return Policy is pretty Fantastic.
                    Expensive, but you only have to Buy them once.....
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I have a Monster "Jazz" cable - bought it for the warranty

Comment

Proco Sound .. I use these http://www.procosound.com/?page=viewcat&id=163

Lifetime warrenty with sealed end... Made in Kalamazoo MI!
                        Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop Custom Classic
                        Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton sig
                        Fender Telecaster Standard MM
                        Jackson Dinky DKMGT
                        Jackson Stealth EX
                        Charvel 375
                        Ibanez Daytripper
                        OLP Musicman
                        Carvin C250

Mesa 5:50 Express
                        Sonic 4 x 12

Comment

i mostly buy Monster latley, they are pretty rugged tuff cables.
                          my cables get stomped all over and run over by cab wheels alot (not on purpose of course) thru out thier lives and the monsters seem to hold together well.

Comment

My guitar cords are whatever are in the amp I bought at the local pawn shop. They sound okay AND they have mojo!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                              *** Plus 1 on that! I purchased a PW.. circuit break 20' er today for
                              $40 I like it! And i do think i hear a difference over the normal Fender
                              $11 cables..and even over my $50 Monster. Good stuff Planet Waves

Comment

Working...
                              X