Guitar Cable/Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
    I have only bought Monster cables in the last 5 years. The return Policy is pretty Fantastic.
    Expensive, but you only have to Buy them once.....
    +1
    never go wrong with these
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Here's another vote for the Planet Waves w/ the circuit breaker. Work great.

Comment

George L's for me.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

planet waves for me. Awesome connectors.
          Sam

Comment

Whirlwind makes great, simple guitar cables.
            There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Monster cables for everything..guitar/cab/effects loop..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

IMO, Monster cable is junk.

I use cables that I make myself from either Switchcraft, or G&H, or Neutrik connectors and I buy bulk Canare or Mogami cable for less than a buck a foot. I just bought 20 feet of Canare mini cable and 20 switchcraft jacks for way under $100 and I'll be able to make enough patch cables and whatnot to rackmount all my pedals via a couple of Axess electronics Midi loopers. I've yet to have one of my cables fail, but if they do I just fix them.

Try Redco Audio for all your cable needs.

Comment

Yeah, I changed my mind, Monster cables suck ass...fuck you Monster cables!

They never let me down once..what kind of Monster is that anywhoo?
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Just bought a new planet waves cable the other day.

It was a toss up between that, and Monster... they both looked cool.

Previously, I've used Fender (the plastic ones are lame, the cloth one is holding up ok), or generic cables.

I keep them short... short as possible (10 ft).

The connector on the planet waves seems cool, with the added friction at the end.

We'll see how she holds up.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Planet Waves with circuit breaker plugs.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Whatevers cheap in price but not quality. I had an old peavey lead that stood up to 6/7 years of rolling over it in my desk chair etc and probably still works but for some reason I went red cables when I got my slsmg

Comment

I use Fulltone 45s. I liked them better than the Evidence Lyrics which were not shielded well IMO, lots of radio interference, and were perhaps too HiFi (I could not tame the treble with those). Fulltones are cheaper and better IMO.

That being said, a couple of things made a much bigger difference for my sound.

This: http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/ILJPOWER.html

I kid you not, a better gauge of power cord with gold connectors absolutely jazzes up your amp and makes for better responsiveness. It stands to reason when you think about it. We all know about SAG with batteries in our pedals. The better the power cord, the more consistent the delivery.

I also tried the Kimber cables for amp to speaker but I saw no difference there.

I've messed around with cables quite a bit, for my pedals, instrument, amp to speaker, speaker wire, and power cables.

Only the instrument and power cables seemed to make a difference to my ears, and of these the power cord was a bigger factor.

Comment

Cables can blow me. I have Evidence, Mogami, Canare, Whirlwind, Fender, Monster, Planet Waves, etc. They're all high quality cables with high quality connectors. When I'm blasting with the band, none of that shit makes any real difference. Proper assembly, good shielding, and good connectors is all that matters.

I like the Neutrik Silent Plugs better than the Planet Waves Circuit Breakers. I like the Evidence cables best because they are really fucking sturdy.

For making pedalboard cables the Planet Waves stuff is really nice. George L's blow. That system sucks. Lavacable has a new solder free system that looks great - http://www.lavacable.com/Lava%20Cable.htm - Mark is fantastic to deal with as well.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Also, remember that irrespective of how good cable(s) can be, if the electronics in your guitar are f'd to begin with, its not gonna do you any good. so, start there first.

crap in, crap out. Doesnt matter how good the cable or amp is.
                              Sam

Comment

So... if it's crap from the guitar, it's ok to sound more like crap on the way to the amp?

LOL
                                Just joshin' EB
                                You know I dig your opinions
                                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                                --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                                X