No announcement yet.

Guitar Cable/Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then at least you cannot blame it on the cable.
    Sam

Comment

I'm re-arranging some things in my rack and when its finished, I'll probably go with the Zaolla cables.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I use Monster for long runs and George L's for the pedalboard. I've used this combination (the same actual cables) in my live bands for nearly 10 years. The Monsters have been rained on, twisted, stepped on, drinks spilled on, yanked on, and everything else that happens live without a hiccup.

The George L system has been very useful to me as pedals come and go constantly on my board and it is nice being able to customize cables without soldering. They have never posed an issue for me live or at home.

The worst sounding cable I have ever owned is a curly-cue thing I picked up somewhere. This is a cable that I can absolutely hear a difference with the band playing!!! It is similar to turning the presence control on my amp to zero.
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

l use Analysis Plus. The Jabbs is scooped sounding and owns for metal. I wouldn't use it for jazz, though. The hollow oval yellow sounds great for that. The Evidence Lyric HG is also an excellent cable, nowhere near as stiff as the Analysis Plus. The Aanaysis Plus hasmore bloom and sound staging while the lyric has more air and top end clarity. There is always a trade off. The $100~ $300 spent on cables will sound like you spent much, much, than that on your rig.

If there is $3000 between you one of your guitars and amps, (which isn't much these days), it would not make sense to use a cheap cable. Would you put bias plys on your Porsche?

Being a cork sniffer, I couldn't use the others mentioned as a laundry line.

Comment

I use canare cable with neutrik ends made to length from stompin-ground.com and have been very happy. They have been very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              I'm re-arranging some things in my rack and when its finished, I'll probably go with the Zaolla cables.
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                The Aanaysis Plus hasmore bloom and sound staging while the lyric has more air and top end clarity.
                That is one of the funniest things I've ever read about guitar cables.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                  I'll have to shoot some pix when I get back home, I'm out of town right now. But I can tell you its now looking like it will be 3 different setups! One will be the Axe-Fx Ultra simply using a guitar cable to plug in and then mic cables out to a QSC powered monitor and FOH The next will be a set up to run the G-Major through the loop of my Uberschall, and the third is my rack with the pedals in drawer with a GCX switcher. Unfortunately I was unable to get the pedals to work well with the Uber so I had to go back to the G-Major with that amp.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read about guitar cables.
                    You'd find your amp quicker if you didn't lose all that extra bloom and sound staging dude

Comment

I just got a bunch of the Canare pedalboard cable. It's the same as their instrument cable but really small. It's pretty nice for .40 cents a foot.

Comment

I started my pedaltrain2 build this weekend, and although I've been using planet waves exclusively until now, at the option of going bankrupt from buying more PW cables (why the hell are they so expensive...$60 for a 10ft run!!), I decided to try out George L's and what a pleasant surprise!! very good value, real easy to assemble. Just brilliant..so I decided to swap the PW cable between my ENGL head and cab, and maybe I'm crazy in love with these cables but it seems to my ears that the george L gives it juuust a -touch- more definition/headroom somehow.
                        I'll be keeping the PW cable for guitar-to-pedaltrain though, or maybe I'll order some of that thicker version GL and give that a go!

Comment

Working...
                        X