X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Pro Sonic

***SuperSonic*** (not pro sonic)

Hey all

I just got one of these amps new, and all i can say is im glad i took a risk and got one off ebay!

The amp is amazing!

Ok, so cleans are really good, im talking vibro to the core, spanking with treble, nice cutoff, perfect. touch of reverb and its sweet singing tone with slight compression to sustain the clean notes nicely.

The bassman switch is also dead on, humbucker and crank it, heaven! Tones of sustain and compression like the old ones do, singles love it too, quack but bite!

Now the gain channel, it can be bluesy, classic rock, hard rock and a touch of metal with the right EQ pedal, but its got balls and can sustain for a long time, slowly leaking into feedback. Great for rocking out, wind it up and it just gets better.

60 watt combo with the celestion vintage 30 is a great portable amp with 3 types of sound, all of which can be boosted to solo levels but patching up the fx loop and setting the desired level.

I'm blown away, try one!

Other owners chime in too, who plays them???

Matt
    Last edited by Model 6 Matt; 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM.

I play a Supersonic Head through a Celestion loaded Crate and a Marshall 4x12. It has fantastic tone. Great buy for sure. I am looking forward to some of the mod guys to dig into this amp to see if they can take it to the next level. Try yours with a BBE Sonic Stomp or Maximizer. Huge difference. The clean channel is very sensitive. As well as the adjustments to the input and output levels on the main loop. I have considered getting another to see if that works for a great stereo tone. I am using a Overdrive in the front for lead boost, not sure if I like it. I am looking into a Radial British Tube O/D fr the little ooooomph I want. The amp is a real break out from alot of stereotype Fender Ampiflication.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
    X