No announcement yet.

Sonic Maximizer reccomendation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Isn't it supposed to be the "lazy man's eq" ?

seriously, boost high and lows, contour knob...seems its an active eq of some sort...
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      Well, Isn't it supposed to be the "lazy man's eq" ?

seriously, boost high and lows, contour knob...seems its an active eq of some sort...
      It changes the phase relationships of frequencies so that they hit the speaker at the correct time, according to BBE.

Comment

Originally posted by finnman View Post
        Would the BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer, 2ch work well with a
        Marshall JCM 800 2204 Lead series with 2x12 Avatar cab with
        1-v30 and 1-G12H30.
        I never used one.
        Would it work with my head?
        I don't see why not. I used a 422A in the late 80's in my rack, still have it to this day. Granted I ran it in stereo but all you have to do is use one channel of it for your JCM 800. I also used a simple, single button footswitch available at any music store to turn the thing off/on depending on how I felt while playing it live
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have an older BBE 862 that I used with my PROGAP to add some definition and life to a ADA B200s I was using for power. It worked well with that set up as long as you kept the settings scaled back. When I switched to a Chameleon and Peavey 50/50, it became more of problem and I pulled it out. I found it overkill with the tubes. My tone become far more lively without it.

Works great on my PA though........
          "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

I have a 422A I use in my rack and I love it. Works great with the ADA 3TM Preamp I use. Agree that it seams to work best in stereo applications. and is fantastic for adding punch to PA Systems.
            http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

The Stomp brings my Marshall DSL to life. It did nothing for the Crate BV I had. But also works well in my Fender Supersonic
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
              X