Full circle...back to Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danyeo View Post
    George Lynch in particular has been through just about every amp in the book though. I tried his Randall Lynch Box and i really didn't dig it. For me i went through Marshalls in the 90's and I'm a fully fledged Mesa Boogie guy. I wouldn't give up my Boogie for ANY Marshall. But I'm talking Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ and Mark III's. Those are what Boogie is all about. I don't like the Rectos at all.

And for me, with a Mark III on Greenbacks or H30's, it's closest i have come to the Lynch tone. Of course a solid maple body guitar helps as well.

I got my latest Mark III for $700 from Guitar Center and it just kills.
    Danyeo;

Which MTS module did you try in the Lynch Box? There are tons of them, I'm just curious as which module you didn't like. The Mr. Scary sounds pretty awful close to "Lynch Tone" to me. Also, Pete from Twisteramps mods the modules for the Randall MTS series and they sound even better yet! I have an XTC and an SL+ which have been modded by Pete and I use them in my RM100. I think its an impressive and innovative amp. I also have a Dual Rectifier as well as my favorite, the Uberschall. As far as Marshall amps go, the best one I've heard in a LONG time is the upcoming 1959RR JMP head! While not as high gain as an Uber or Recto it has a classic hot Marshall sound. Besides the White Rhoads Marshall just looks killer!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Gus G sounded great with his Randal MTS..Much better than George L's when I saw him..his Randall tone sounded thin and ratty..Gus G's fuggin' owned!

Pete Twisteramps posted a damn good sounded c;ip as well...hey, where in the fuck has he been?
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

building his Twisteramps. i didn't realize he had gotten so far. check it out. but i'm a little confused cause the name and locaton don't match our Pete? but it's the same link from his profile.

www.twisteramps.com
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
          building his Twisteramps. i didn't realize he had gotten so far. check it out. but i'm a little confused cause the name and locaton don't match our Pete? but it's the same link from his profile.

www.twisteramps.com
          Hmm, thats strange. The link shows them to be in Ohio and founded in Ohio, but Pete is In Oklahoma. It also shows the founder's name to be someone different. I'm thinking the link is to someone else. Here is the link to the "real" Pete's MTS modification page: http://members.cox.net/vht50/MTSmods108.htm
          Last edited by roodyrocker; 04-04-2008, 06:09 AM.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I don't think that is pete but could be wrong

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post

www.twisteramps.com
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Man I have been playing a long friggen' time and have never owned a Marshall!!

Always thought about it.

Right now I have a Framus Cobra - rebiased with the right tubes it kills anything that has sat next to it. It is so defined in the mix.
              The thing it does not have is that singing lead tone of the Marshall - at least I can't find it.

Tried a JCM800 stand alone amp not too long ago and it was fuzzy and undefined. Hated it.

The reasons I have not gotten a Marshall are....

1) Every time I hear an artist it always seems like they got their Marshall customized by someone. So I can't go out an buy one of the shelf I thought.

2) Not a lot of features on them

3) Can't turn them up in the house so you need an attenuator which burns out tubes

4) Inconsistent parts I have heard from year to year.
              Last edited by shredmonster; 04-14-2008, 12:37 PM.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
              X