How to make the JMP-1 sound brutal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
    Well The prophesy is a tad heavier and darker sounding, which I guess could mean "brutal"... So is a voodoovalve, Pod pro and Triaxis.

Is a "Marshall" tone a big deal to you, if not go for it. Alot of it is in the hands...that's a huge part.
    **** Please dont mention a Tri Axis will you? Crap! I should have had
    one for $360 out the door! ouch

Comment

huh! I thought Bill was right on mentioning the triaxis. You know, Sepultura's guitarist says that he's been using the 5150 or the triaxis on their albums from the very beginning. And I LOVE their tone on the Arise album.
      Sam

Comment

Filter records pretty much everything with JMP-1 wich goes to some sort of direct system (no cabinets) and to the board.

Here's some examples

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

pretty Hi Gain if you ask me
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

what kind of music do I play? what amps do I use?

I have a Uberschall and my Marshall rig with JMP-1. There won't be anything taking their place..no need for that!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A friend of mine got his Marshall JCM-800 modded by putting a Mesa boogie transformer in it and it sounded a lot different (heavier), and better. Dno if this would work on a JMP-1

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
              A friend of mine got his Marshall JCM-800 modded by putting a Mesa boogie transformer in it and it sounded a lot different (heavier), and better. Dno if this would work on a JMP-1
              The JMP-1 is just a preamp with a couple 12ax7s in there..you can try different preamp tubes. I tried different Sovteks in mine and even that made a difference..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The JMP-1 is just a preamp with a couple 12ax7s in there..you can try different preamp tubes. I tried different Sovteks in mine and even that made a difference..
                Shows how much I know about amps :ROTF:

Comment

yeah, its pretty awesome by itself. I think there are a couple of JJ's in there. but I couldn't open-up the damn thing! Anyway, the sounds I'm getting out of the gt-8 are so vast and I like them so much that I am planning on selling the JMP-1. Why limit myself to one good sound when I can have any sound I want with the gt-8?
                  Sam

Comment

Really, I'm not familar with the GT-8, people here sure like them. I always thought the 4 channel, very tweakble JMP-1 was a pretty versatile preamp. I'm just not a versatile player. The one thing I love about the JMP-1 is that it sounds like a true Marshall..in every way. I was always a sucker for a great Marshall tone and the JMP-1 is the only preamp I ever heard that is 100% Marshall.

I don't play clean..but it does sound very nice with the chorus of my JMP-1. Where it shines most is 80's metal Marshall tones. It does classic Van Halen, Dokken, Ratt, and especially Savatage perfectly.

I heard many preamps that have their version of Marshall or British tones and it never sounds like a Marshall to me. That's important to me..always was really.

Comment

if you ever get your hands on a GT-8, try the "warm crunch" model. You'll be blown away.
                      Sam

Comment

I'm using my GT-8 for Chorus reverb delay and sometimes a tube screamer or volume pedal only. I Don't use the amp sims. The JMP-1 is in the GT-8's loop so I can place effects before and after the Jmp-1. I agree with horns666 80's metal in a box. I play Savatage, Priest and Queensryche and it covers those tones very well.
                        Mesa JP-2c Mesa 2x12 V30
                        RR1 Black
                        RR1 Blue ghost flames
                        Stealth EX
                        Hamer Studio
                        Boss pedals,TC, HBE

Comment

I tried that. but I found the gt-8 to be a tone-sucker in 4CM method. others in the gt-8 forum also feel the same. You can get back the "lost" tone using the gt-8's eq's but still the original pre-amp tone is lost. Somehow it never felt the same as pluggin in directly into the JMP-1.
                          Sam

Comment

I play brutal..I guess it's me.

I'm brutal..

I am therefore I think..

I'll be back..I'm tellin' ya..my bellys a bubbln'..it's a bubblin' crude.

bill, brutal? the only thing brutal about you is the way your shit blasts against the back of the toilet after the late night visit to taco bell at bar close! yeah bill, i'm back!

btw i hear voodoo amps is modding jmp1's now anyone hear any clips? they do a great job with the ada mp1 imo-
                            www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Neddi..is that you??? What the Fuck?!!!

That's twice I said that..

Comment

Try this pedal. Might do the trick. here's a demo video:

If you've been wondering how to bring the frigid sounds of icedemons to your Crate practice amp, wonder no more. www.austerityprogram.com

Comment

Working...
                                X