Vetta Soldano x88r setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta Soldano x88r setting

Hey guys ,I recently purchased a Vetta and didn't care for any of the factory settings. Switched over to the user settings and the previous owner ran a Soldano x88r and aN Ibanez ts808 pushing it and a compressor. Cab was 25 watt greenbacks. WHOA this tone is what I'vwe been searching for. I had a very similar tone with my old Marshall and a Scholz sustainor running with that but fooloishly sold both. Anyway I'm looking to replicate that tone with tubes but was thinking of the sp77 for $$$ reasons. Woukld that work ? Maybe a Carvin powweramp? I'm keeping the vetta just want tubes too. Thanks

i had an X88R then an SP77...not even close. my X88R was thick and creamy and just AWESOME!!!! my SP77...ehh. it sounded more like a cross between a yamaha TC50 (or whatever that soldano designed yamaha amp is called - had one a long time ago, but i have CRS now) and a stock JCM800. mine had wimpy gain. now the X88R, i STILL wonder why i sold that.....all these years later i STILL regret THAT decision.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Nope, the SP77 won't give you that gain or tone structure. Its more like a stock JCM800 2203 with the correct poweramp. The X88r will.

Comment

Any suggestions on a poweramp?

Comment

I totally agree with Mark. I had the Soldano SP-77, and the Yamaha T-50 head, and T-100C combo. I sold the SP-77 to Neddi because I was VERY easily able to replicate it with the Yamaha amps. It was virtually identical.

The Yami' were a bit sterile - not quite as dynamic as I would have liked, but I had NO outboard gear being used with it. I think they would have really shone with a boost of some type, and a good delay pedal - maybe a sonic maximizer too. I really liked the amps though - they had all I needed for sounds. Very quiet too. But gear-whorin' was too much to resist.

Comment

Carvin T-100 is probably your best bang for the buck.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

It might not be the same tone but an SP77 with a plain old Boss SD-1 in front of it can be a kickass tone.

Comment

Working...
              X