Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Bogner...Any reviews?

Hey guys,
    I was hoping there maybe someone out there who has a Line 5 Spidervalve Bogner Tube 100watter. I have seen a couple u tube clips, but want to get some input from any owners before I pull the trigger.

Maybe I will wait for the Plexi. I will have to give Matt a call.

Anyone?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by Learn Guitars; 03-27-2008, 10:08 PM.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

I had the head for a day, but it had problems and went back. I will say that it was ridiculously loud!!!

Sounds are pretty much the same as the combo. I think the combo sounds better than the head though. I ran it through a Mesa 412 for a time, but liked it better on it's own as a 212 combo. It's also VERY loud.

I am currently finding my favorite to be the two "Crunch" models with my Boss OD-20 in front of it. The channels on their own were lacking, but using some of the models on the OD-20 really make it wicked. I had started with an SD-1, but wanted a little more to choose from, hence the OD-20.

If you're looking for a Plexi sound and that's it, go with the real thing. The SpiderValve will give you a nice sound though with a pedal in front.

Comment

Think Mike's talking about these Chris:
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80406
      Only review so far seems to be from Bill, and not very positive
      EDIT: think bill was talking about the Egnater
      Last edited by drockilles; 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Where's the Line 6 in that one though?

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
          In this video it sounds like he is only using Line 6 for distribution, not manufacturing.

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/videos/in...dmarque,0.html
          check this out
          EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I jammed on one for 30 minutes when they first came out. Guitar was Ibanez JS12000. Overall:

Cleans: Not bad, not great. Had more character to them than the stock SIII tones, but still were lacking something

Blues Tones: Fantastic. Lots of crunch, smooth sounding, and sounded really

Marshall Tones: Sounds like a Marshall. Again, pretty nice, without the fake sound of the normal Spiders tones

Metal Tones: Usable. Could be a bit fizzy if you don't really take the time to EQ it

Effects: There to be there. Reverb is good, the rest are forgettable

Volume/Headroom: Awesome, and one of the real strong points of this series

If you're going to gig it, the Spider III is the way to go over say, a Flextone. The Flextone has better cleans and high gain tones. The Spider Tube's niche imo are the bluesy Fender and hard rock Marshall tones that the normal Spiders seem to lack, while getting it to you at a nice volume without the stupid clipping.

Comment

Guys, I think Mike is talking about the new Chinese made Bogners, not the Spidervalve.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                Guys, I think Mike is talking about the new Chinese made Bogners, not the Spidervalve.

WELL SHIT!! Never mind then.

Comment

Chinese is to Bogner as Park is to Marshall as Sound City is to Hiwatt.

Comment

Wasn't Park originally a way for Marshall to build more amps and get around the distribution restrictions in their contract with Rose Morris?
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I got the low down from Matts Music. Matt says the new Alchemist heads will be out in different versions by late spring. Holding off until then.
                      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Just wanted to bump this back up. MAN!!! I'm really interested in this amp... I could probably pick up the head for under a grand I bet, and have that along with my Spider Valve combo - I bet it would ROAR through my Genz Benz 212... Throw my POD Pro in the loop for the "other than delay" effects... YEAH!!!

Comment

I brought one home, liked it initially. After two weeks of playing it went back to the store. Yes, it does sound quite a bit better than the older Line6 stuff, which caught my attention initially. But you get tired very quickly, constantly hoping and looking for that 'real' sound that never comes through.

Comment

Originally posted by akoch View Post
                            I brought one home, liked it initially. After two weeks of playing it went back to the store. Yes, it does sound quite a bit better than the older Line6 stuff, which caught my attention initially. But you get tired very quickly, constantly hoping and looking for that 'real' sound that never comes through.
                            Which version did you have and how much did it set you back?

Thx!

Comment

Vetta Valve Anyone ???

Try this if you've got a good tube amp. POD X3 Live 4 cabled in. This gives you the full blown POD via power amp (controlled by your effects loop) ... POD effects loop via your pre-amp (just by-pass the amp models for pure effects). Pre-sets out the ass for both setups. Some of the amp models sound really good with some EL34 power behind them. Long story short ... Line 6 won't make it so I did it for myself ... my own personal "Vetta Valve" sitting beside me in my studio. Yes, you've got to tweak it but for those of you who dare ... this is BADASS

Comment

Working...
                              X